Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nsw !

Nsw !

I've been reading about using natural sea water and as I live close to the Bay of Fundy , I was wondering if any other reefers in the area are supplying their reef with NSW. If you do could you please share preparation process before you put it in your tank or do you just add it right to it !

hey what part of NB you from??
    Craig

Tank: 77gal reef, deltec AP600 skimmer, 440W VHO lighting.
    Livestock:Coral beauty, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tang, magenta dottyback, 3 stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp

I'm in Hampton , just on the other side of Saint John . I'm only a 1/2 hr from shore! I'm getting water from St. Martin's !
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

kewl i was in sussex all week on vacation wifes family is from there...i'd go out off shore a ways to get the water tho...im looking at doing the same up here im in campbellton but family in bathurst so might travel back there and load up a few buckets full
    Craig

Livestock:Coral beauty, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tang, magenta dottyback, 3 stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp

Shoreline in St Martins is one of the cleanest around, I've heard that people cure it different ways . So I'm just looking for ideas!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

i think you should be fine just bring it to temp and fill away
    Craig

id test it forst to be sure tho
    Craig

momrules gets here water from the bay

I use NSW. I have a rubber maid container. with a mini power head that sits by by tank. I just let the powerhead runing and wait for it to warm.

If the salinity is down I will leave it uncovered to allow for some evaporation

At Dal they pump water in from the Arm, run it through sand and carbon and use it to breed marine fish and propagate corals. The filtration is necessary because the Arm is right around the corner from the infamous Halifax Harbour. If you get it from a clean source you don't have to filter it.
    Susan

I could get NSW from alot of shorelines around me but I like going out to St. Martins just for the fact stated above . the other location are to close to the cities harbour which probably would kill just about any life form.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast