Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question FLAME ANGELS! Are they reef safe?

I was thinking about getting a flame angel, but I don't want it eating my corals. Anybody have opinions on these fish. I have lots of different corals so, will I be able to add one or not.

CHEERS
    :guns:
    dermp

I have a flame angel and don't have a problem. Others do. This is one fish that it seems to depend upon the fish's personality. I will admit that I have occasionally seen my flame nip at a coral. Since I have never seen any damage to the coral (open brain, purple bush, purple whip, fox, monti cap) I am inclined to think that the flame was just picking up a pod. The corals don't deflat but more react with a flinch.

Vickie

man ...
    derm i dont mean to poop on your party by any means but i would be carefull of your bioload...all of your fish are HUGE and fairly agressive too. 72 gallons seems like a lot of water but even large tanks can get crowded. i could be way wrong but it would be good to hear from the experts before you add anymore fish...just lookin out for ya by'..it would be a shame to see anything go wrong with your setup..it is looking very nice

Aquamann, I never thought to look at what he has - I just looked at the question. You are right. That tank will be way overloaded and have territory problems with just the fish he has now when they all grow up. He could be planning on upgrading to a 200+ gallon tank.

Vickie

LOL, ya I know I have been pushing the limit!!!! Just thought I would ask to see. Oh well I guess I will hold off until I upgrade:-)

i want pics when ya do upgrade.....go HUGE man...HUGE
    make johnny rock look like he has a Nano..hahaha

I don't know about that, but I have been thinking about it. 150 gallon I was thinking!!!

People usually recommend that you go as big as space and money allow because no matter how big you go, like a house, you will fill it up and want to add more.

You have some very nice fish already.

Vickie

hey dermp....flames are nice. ive been thinking about one too. however...ya man...watch the bioload. ive been there twice already and had a crash both times! slow and steady!

I just wanted to add, Flames are nice. I had one that the only thing corals it went after are xenia ( he would eat the tips ) and and encrusting gorgorian.
    This fish is a 50/50 chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast