Linkia and overflow

I bought an orange linkia about 1.5 months ago, and love the little beast.

But it loves to crawl in my overflow. I know he loves it because there are lots of slime and food in this area.

Am I the only one having this problem? I t does get annoying as I do not think it can get out of there once inside.

Talking

my blue used to go straight for the box!! all the time and yes, I had a small fload because of that[single overflow]

I have 2 different types of Linkias.., a Blue one and the Orange type like yours. While both like to go and hangout awhile near the overflow top, neither has ever gone in because of how I've doubled up on the egcrate and offset it half a square all around for the fishgate. I actually did it more for my cukes that liked to squish themselves through a single row of eggcrate with no problem. It was murder to try and get it back out whenever I would find it halfway through. Simply because they can more or less liquify themselves to fit through anything but will expand right back out once through. They kinda look like a tree branch growing through a fence. Nothing can get through anymore.
    Before I modified the fishgate, I als used to find my Nassarius and Cerith snails going through the squares too.
    All you have to do is add a second row of eggcrate and it will solve the problem for anything trying to get through.

Thanks. I will do that. It has not gone back there in the last two weeks...but will probably go there again sometimes.

toutouche - can u post a pic of what you did with your overflow box?
    Albert
    My Photos

Slightly off topic, but I've read linka are pretty tough to look after, is that true? What types of care / feeding & tank size do they actually need?

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

I have had mine for only about 2 months, so I am by no way an expert, nor do I have much experience with it. But so far, it seems happy.

I have not been feeding it anything in particular. It wanders around the tank looking for food, and it stops when it finds a good dinner. For example, for the last 48 hours, it has stopped on my sea swirl outlet and seems to be eating something. I am not sure what.

It does not attack my corals, and I read you need a mature tank with stable conditions and lots of live rocks to keep it happy. I was very very careful when I introduced it to my tank. I used the drip method for about 5 hours before introducing it in my tank. Once inside my tank, it has been a charm ever since…..except for it going inside my overflow box once in a while.