Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question need fish advice

hey guys...

i picked up a bicolor angel today...really happy with it. i "had" a coral beauty and the sebae clown i have always seemed to keep it driven away into the rock work.... possible I think he killed it. Well... since i have gotten the bicolor he seems to have the same behavior, it seems threatened by the seabae clown. so i was thinking about bring the seabae back to the lfs and trade it in. is there any other clown that is less agressive and that will take to my rose BTA? my seabae is very dominant.. he consantly chases the chromis i have. so im not to happy with him.

Prob a stupid question too.....but can a coral beauty and a bicolor live together? Id really like to get another coral beauty..

Thanks

would a pink skunk be less agressive? just a thought.

I think pink skunks are less agressive, as are the false perculas. False percs are by far the least agressive...
    I don't consider dwarf angels to be completely reef safe, in general they are pickers- they will take a bite of anything and sometimes they take a liking to a brain or softy. But bicolors seem to be worse pickers and more often get a taste for something- I would recommend taking out the bicolor. I'm sure the lfs told you they are o.k. but IMO they should not be in a reef. Maybe in a much bigger tank where they have more cruising room and don't hit the same coral as often...
    Also, in 35 gallon, I think you would have agression problems with a bicolor and a coral beauty- even if you introduced them at the same time.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

so far the bicolor is doing really well....eating well and not bothering my corals. a faulse perc is out of the question i have had 5 on difrent occasions and have lost them all in the mater of weeks... any other suggestions?

I'd go with the pink skunks then, they aren't that bad, I don't think.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

What happened to the percs? Other then being as dumb as a post I've found them to be a easy fish to keep...

and cute! Dumb and cute! Well, the tank raised ones are...

i really dont know... everything in my tank thrives. however all the percs i have purchased die within the first week. i think they are really bad from the lfs... even the ones in his tanks die all the time. almost ever time i go there i spot one dead. i dont know if they have a bad supply of them or what. but there is no way i will buy any more. thats why i was thinking a skunk.

Wouldn't a skunk from the same store have the same problem though? Buy one from Ivan!
    Susan

I housed a flame, coral beauty, bi colour, all in a 45g tank. That was when I first got into the hobby and didn't know what I was really doing at the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast