How Many Clams Is Too Many

I was just wondering if it was possible to have too many clams in a tank, the way mine is aqua scaped there is lots of room for clams, i just ordered my second clam, i got the first from IJO and this one is coming from Jl. I know that 2 isn't too many but i'd like to add a few more as i get the cash for them. I can see having too many juveniles being a problem becuase they rely on phytoplankon heavily to grow, but as they get older and become more reliant on light how many is too many ?
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics

AS long as they can extend there Mantels with out issues.. Lots of food and Can keep stable levels then go for it.. there is never too many.. UNLESS... they are consuming more in the water than you can provide!

Agreed. I don't think too many would be a problem. The more you have the more calcium you'd have to provide for them and I'd provide phyto even to mature clams. If you have good lights and they have space to spread their mantles I imagine you could have quite a number of them without problems. I had 6 at one point without any problems.
    Susan

It depends... is this in a 5 gal. nano?
    ( I'm kidding..., I know you have a 50 gal).
    As long as you can provide good stable water conditions.., knock yourself out!!!!!
    Have you ever seen an actual dedicated clam tank? There are some that have the front sloped down towards the front so that the viewing is specialized to seeing the clams top down.
    You might wanna DIY yourself one of these and plumb it into your system!! (Oh great!!! MORE money to spend!!).

Toutouche, have you seen any of those clam tanks for sale? Clams Direct has a picture on their web page but doesn't list them for sale.
    Nick

No,
    I've just seen them in use at Country Critters on Long island, NY and some pics on RC ( don't remember who's pics they were though).

Clam tanks are awesome!! I've only seen pictures on the net, i don't think there are many people in saint john that have clams, i may be theonly one!
    I think the dual calcium reactor i'm getting ( its in the mail ) will be more then sufficient to deal with the Ca demands of everything i can cram into my 50 , lol at least i hope anyway
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics