Stiff jello type thingy?

Hi everyone, I've never seen this and could find anything elsewhere to help me ID it. I found it when I was moving a few piece hunting for those nasty aiptasia with my syringe full of vinegar

It's stiff to the touch but not hard and it's translucent. I found it on the bottom of a rock that has a sea mat but it doesn't seem to be part of that. The sea mat was added to my tank about three weeks ago and seems to be doing well. What concerns me is that this 'creature' came on the piece the sea mat came. Have a look. (note: there is some substrate [cc] stuck to it)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~lhuot/pics/Small28.JPG
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~lhuot/pics/Small33.JPG

Kinda reminds me of some kinda Bill Cosby commercial
    "Hey you crabs........ get outta that Jello........rock"
    "It wiggles and jiggles"
    Ya might be able to jab it with a stick and turn it into a puddin' pop (Chuckle)
    I mean... what kinda reefer wouldn't go for one of those on a hot summers day

OH YA...... I'm in a mood this mornin

Did you ever figure out what that stuff is Lawrence? Some kind of wierd sponge maybe??
    "I'm Mad!...I'm mad 'cause I cant see my forehead!" ~ Patrick Starfish, Bikini Bottom, Ocean

Yup, I think your right. I only just recently witnessed an 'openning' or 'mouth' so yes it is most likely a sponge. What bothers me is that it seems to be having an affect on the sea mat that is on the same rock. Should I cut it off? squirt it with vinegar? leave it alone? Don't know.

Perhaps one of the other seasoned vets would have a clue...OSD any ideas?
    "I'm Mad!...I'm mad 'cause I cant see my forehead!" ~ Patrick Starfish, Bikini Bottom, Ocean

I have seen this stuff in the past on fresh rock that I have added to tanks but never at that time managed to ID it. Back then I didn't even own a computer so the Internet searching option was not available to me. No one I knew could help at that time ether. In the second PIC I would be inclined to think that PERHAPS it is related to the coral that is very close to it. It could be the part of that coral that anchors it to the rock. The color is very similar and rock is very porous so the corals anchoring growth could go deep into the rock like that.