Thread: Sea Squirts

Sea Squirts

My sea squirt had a baby! I wish they were big enough to take a picture, they are so cute. Bright yellow, almost green. From what I have read however they don't last long in Aquaria. So sad, I hate to lose them. I also have a bunch of transparent ones and a red one. They are so cool!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

congrats Xena! I've got pink squirts, and they are pretty cute! I'm hoping a stable tank will keep them happy... we'll see!
    I've noticed that raising kids & fish are similar: Patience & dedication really pays off!

They love phyto. feed the tank phyto and you may be able to keep them for quite some time. I had a few orange ones and a few clear ones, and they lasted over a year before they disapeared.
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

cool, thanks for the tip!
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

what are sea squirts?

Here are some half decent shots along with some explanations of the sea squirt. In laymans terms, it's a little bubble with two holes that siphon water through its body to draw out particulate matter from the water. They vary greatly in colour and shape in fact none of the pics in this page resemble the shape and colour of my little yellows but I do have some of those clear ones. Hope this helps!

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/seasquirtfaqs.htm

*Clicking the first link in the article will take you to more specific detail.
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

interesting....