Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rose bta

rose bta

two questions...

1. my rose bta never has nice bubble tips like this one (IJO's pic). does that mean that it is not healthy?

mine looks like this.

2. i have been feeding it raw shrimp and other frozen plankton and brineshirmp. is there something diffrent that i should try?

thanks.

I think there is something to do with its origin. But I am not sure, love to hear from others. My green bubble tip does have bubble tip though.

This is my rta, also no bubble tip:

i have seen it with bubble tips...but not for a long time now

They tend to lose their bubbles in captivity as far as I know.

I have a Rose Bud tip Anenemi, in my Nano tank. Here's a couple ideas of the problem. They extend their tips to feed or they "bubble" their tips to catch sun light. The more surface area they bubble up the more light they catch. One day I forgot to put my lights on for my Nano tank, this was before I got a timer set up for it. Well when I got home it was shivelled up, almost looked dead, or inside out sort to speak. I know they move around alot by themselfs, but try different lighting areas of your tank. If you had been feeding it alot, daily, try only feeding every few days. All my other anenemies I feed every few days and they are all healthy. As for Smartin77 about them loosing their bubbles, I've never heard that before. I'm not saying thats wrong, but I have never read or heard that before.
    Do you add supliments for it? Maybe give us a bit more information on its location, your feeding habits ect....the more info..the more we might be able to help.

vette68 - I have noticed the same thing. After I got my first bubble tip I fed it very well every day. It soon lost the bubble tips. It grew like a weed and split and split and soon I had eight of them and they were a problem. I decided anemones weren't for me and gave some away and returned others to the fish store for credit. However, there was one small one that I just could get at, it had moved around to the very back of the tank. I figured I'd just wait it out and if it came around front I'd get it out. It never did.

Its grown quite large back there and I can see about half of it now. I've never fed this one and there is much less light where it is. It has bubble tips.
    Susan

Hmm, interesting. May be I should start not to feed it so often.

Susan, whats the prices on the Rose bubbles out your way? I got mine for $100 only because I buy alot from them,,but normally are around 130....

Mine wasn't a rose, just a regular green bubbletip. They sell locally for about $100 for one the size of a toonie and if you raise it up to dinner plate size and bring it back they give you $30 store credit I've never seen a rose here.
    Susan

I got my toonie size green bubble for $40 and the double sized rose for $100 at Kennedy Big Al - Toronto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast