#(&%$@! clicking!!! ARgh!

DOH!!

Just today I've noticed dreaded clicking.. argh!!!

Came in on either one if my new birds nests or sponge. I think maybe the sponge as I never took it out of the water (well cuz I wanted it to live ) and it was the last thing I introduced after it was sitting in the sump.

I HOPE it's a pistol shrimp. *sigh* after so many years of click free'ness.

Pray with me all. *grin*

I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, ...
    Fishysan ><>
    ---
    180g display main floor, 150g trough, 75g, 20g in basement
    SPS, LPS, softies, many clams & 14 fish
    main: 250w AB DE HQI x 3, 5' x 3 VHO actinic - trough: 400w venki

ijo

Re: #(&%$@! clicking!!! ARgh!

It can't be the sponge.. it was in my main setup for over a week... no clicking... &nbsp;The birds nest.. maybe as it was in my holding tank for only a day when you came over to pick it up. &nbsp;Keep us posted.

IJO

Yeah IJO probably the burgandy nest.. but it would have to have been small, if it wasn't in the sponge, that's a tight nest. Oh well, we'll have to see what comes of it.

Wonder if I should get a trap from ya... *

Maybe this will be an excuse to get a starfire euro bracing aquarium.. &nbsp;;D but the work to tear it all up.. ugh.

I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, I hope it's a pistol shrimp, ...
    Fishysan ><>
    ---

Honestly I think you would probaly have seen it if it was big enough to make the clicking noise.If it was fairly small that you would not have seen it in the BIRDS NEST
    I don't think it could make the clicking noise loud enough for you to here it.Then again I've never had one but these are words of encourgment.Those suckers are black and ugly!

Yeah, dunno.. we'll have to see. I'm trying to not worry about it right now.

BTW Ivan - I hadn't mentioned they were from you, I didn't want anyone to missunderstand. No one's fault, in case you thought I was implying that. Just wanted to be sure. It's like selling guns, if I shoot myself in the foot, well... my own damn fault. *grin*
    Fishysan ><>
    ---

ijo

Thats ok Fishysan... I wouldn't sell you something if I knew there was somehting wrong with it... its unfortunate if this clicking came from a coral you purchased from Aquaria Canada.... I hope you find and rid this lil guy soon.

IJO

rj
    Banned

I wouldn't assume that it came in on coral recently actually....within the last 3 months I've started hearing clicking myself...and that was without adding anything new to the tank...I think in my case &quot;it&quot; was already there and was small...once it reached a little larger it became large enough to &quot;click&quot;....I haven't seen anything missing......yet

;DRe: #(&%$@! clicking!!! ARgh!

yeh it sucks but thats part and parcel with this crazy hobby. I would also believe that it might have been there already.If it was in the birdsnest it would have to have been afully small for ya not to see that ugly black shrimp. I hope its nothing. This is a dumb ?? but it wouldn't be your light reflectors heating up and making a exspansion noise eh? I know, dumb ?

Yup cool guys, haven't heard it today.. so no clue.

RJ, have you seen it?

johnny, they can be quite colorful too, there are hundreds of types.. not always ugly black!

ps: the orange monti is tres nice though, tnx!

cheers,
    Fishysan ><>
    ---

rj
    Banned

Can't say that I have seen it....but haven't looked at night yet...too busy with the Sens Games! :P