finally...a harliquin tusk fish

Finally found a beautiful tuskfish. He's the smallest that I've seen ...(about a 3"body) but very nice color. He went into my FO and I was a little worried about my picasso trigger and lunar but they didn't give him a second look. The fish that did though, was my coral beauty "Frankie" He showed unbelievable aggression! I ended up putting two large nets in and the tuskfish (who's name of course is Harley) is staying close by them. Frankie won't go closer then about 12" from them, but when Harley leaves the net's area Frankie is right after him. I know it will die down in a short while...but it's very anoying and I'm sure very stressful for the new arrival.
    Gosh I sure do love those blue teeth though!!
    Lynn

Lynn,
    Post some pics of it!!
    I too love them and would love to have one!!

can't till my camera gets fixed...
    why don't you get one? or are you waiting till your bigger tank comes?
    Lynn

Yes, when I finally set up that bigger tank, my current one will become a FO. However, it will be still attached to the same filter system and I don't want fish that are too much of messy eaters to pollute the reef tank. I will be going mostly with fish such as Angels, Butterflies, Marine Betta, etc... Basicsally, fish that aren't safe around the corals and I can keep somewhat smaller fish and inverts with. However, I'm still undecided on what fish actually will end up in there. I'm still throwing around ideas. A Harlequin might still end up on the list..., who knows.

Congratulations Lynn - very beautiful fish indeed. What a great idea with the nets, I'll have to keep that in mind. I've done some reading on these fish and understand they are very gentle but tend to eat your cleanup crew - snails, crabs, shrimp, etc. Is this true?
    Susan

Susan,
    I'll let Lynn answer the question with no doubt since she has more the experience with them, but from what I read, unfotunately you're right. They don't have those little blue teeth for nothing!!!

They tend to be rather distructive. They actually have those "tusks" for digging in the substrate and in the process they accidently knock over rockwork etc. They can also be very aggressive, but the main purpose of the teeth is for foraging.
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

A great fish for the right tank. Here's a great article I found about them for anyone considering one:
    http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/fi...on/faciata.htm
    Susan