Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flasher Wrasse

Cool Flasher Wrasse

I bought a beautiful flasher wrasse yesterday and its the first time I've seen a fish build a slime cocoon to sleep in!! I think his sleeping patterns are off a bit because he was getting ready for bed at 6pm 'lol' very neat to see this and I didn't realize flashers did this.

What kind of flasher is it Johnny? I've been considering getting a harem for my new tank.
    Susan

Cool flame

I'm trying to figure that out right now. It was listed as a BELL FLASHER here at AC but I'm looking for its real ID. I'ts a real nice one but haven't seen it out in its full glory yet. I'll keep ya posted. I'm going after mostly wrasses and anthias in my 500g with a few tangs.Lots of gobies to especially the cleaner gobies! very very good addition and super friendly.

Wow, what a cooincidence. My LFS is supposed to be getting in a bunch of Bell Flasher wrasses this week. I've been trying to figure out what they are and came up with Paracheilinus bellae. These are supposed to be pretty rare in the hobby too.
    Susan

Cool bell

I just seen a pic over on www.themarinecenter.com.
    your right, its underBELLAE FLASHER WRASSE.[paracheilinus bellae]. I'll have to wait more to see it out in the tank but thats what Ivan recieved as.

Yup, I saw that pic too - pretty awesome. I've found that this site tends to have the absolute best looking photos of every fish though. They rarely look as good in real life. I'm not saying they doctor their photos necesarily, just that they photograph some pretty nice samples of each species.

If I could get belle flasher wrasses that actually look like this photo I'd be darned happy:
    http://www.themarinecenter.com/bellae.htm

Or how about this Laboutei Fairy Wrasse:
    http://www.themarinecenter.com/wrasselaboutei.htm
    After I saw this photo on their site I did a search and could find no other photo even in the same ball park. What a spectacular fish!
    Susan

Johnny.....you're lucky that Ivan was holding that beauty for you because I was trying to buy him too! Nice fish...I want one too!

Gary

Cool

ahhh your the other good customer! Ivan will have more coming in. I'm after alot of wrasses and I'm always on his case!

That is one NICE fish- a harem would be simply amazing...Flame, if I could do the impulse buy, and get a bunch of those ..I WOULD!!
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

Looks like Ivan did a good business in fairy wraasses on the weekend. I picked up a juvenile Carpenter's wrasse (Paracheilinus carpenteri) on Sunday. Haven't seen it cocoon yet but it is out in the open and eating well.
    Nick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast