Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Meet Agustus Meridius Julius Ceasar

Angus for short I just brought him home this morning. He's the newest addition in the 300g tank. Here's some baby pics. They're not overly clear, I'm having major trouble getting my camera "tuned" for this tank.

Here he is in the bag, note how small he is compared to the print. He's barely over an inch, less than an inch and a half.

He started eating immediately, his favourite food so far is Sweetwater Zooplanton which is pretty much all that will fit in his tiny mouth. Here he is picking algae off a strawberry conch. The conch could use a haircut

Here he is learning about the currents. I have very strong circulation in this tank and he's fine swimming into it or away from it but sideways is causing him some trouble.

He seems to like to pick diatoms off the sand.

He doesn't like the cyano though.

His markings are flawless, clear fins, not a scratch on him, I've never seen a more perfect little fishie.

He actually spends most of his time picking at the rocks but none of those pics came out at all, just the ones where he is near the glass.
    Susan

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    VERY VERY NICE!!!

Baby Imperator?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Oh jeez, I can't believe after all that I forgot to say what he is. Yes, he's a baby Imperator Angel. My son picked out all his names. He's doing very well and fitting in with the other fish jsut fine. He never stops picking!
    Susan

ijo
    wow Susan... he looks awesome!!! he must be so cute in person being that small..

IJO

He's adorable. He's constantly picking at the rock but now and then another fish swims by and he starts to follow it. Then he'll get distracted again and go pick at the rocks. He's a very busy little guy.
    Susan

wow wish i had a tank to keep alot of the larger angels maybe i can convince the wife i need a 300 gal FOWLR tank also kepp the pics coming susan its the only hope i have
    Craig

Tank: 77gal reef, deltec AP600 skimmer, 440W VHO lighting.
    Livestock:Coral beauty, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tang, magenta dottyback, 3 stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp

Beautiful fish Susan. How long before it starts taking on its adult colouration.

Wow, that fish is stoked (mucho espacio)!!! Realy cute too.
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Thanks guys. How long until they get their adult coloration will vary. It will take several years. Sadly many don't get the full change in captivity. They don't have the proper nutrition or environment. I've done a lot of research and have convinced myself that I can provide the proper home for this fish - time will tell. One thing I can guarantee - he'll have lots of good food to eat and if he doesn't get the full adult coloration it won't be for lack of good nutrition. My freezer has been stocked with everything an angel could desire for months (anticipation )
    I never dreamed I'd find such a perfect little baby though!
    Susan

You make me dreaming....<sigh>...congratulation for this awesome fish...

I saw a Juvenile Koran Angel last week (that look a lot like this one)...90$.

If i could, he was going to be my first fish but since I have nothing and waiting to complete all my system, we have to wait before getting any life.

He looks very good...again congrats

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast