Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F#$ked Up Bad!

F#$ked Up Bad!

Well... Not sure where to start.. Very frustrated right now...

Lets start from the beginning..

Last night 7pm, I open the Ball valve to my Freshwater holding tank to top up my Tank ( i have a direct line feeding to the tank )... Well just as i did that.. i hear a WHOLE Bunch of commotion upstairs.. and then i hear my Mother Yell.. " Michael Come help your Father" So like most i think the worst and RUN like hell upstairs, Forgetting everything i was doing. Well it turned out not to be as bad as it sounded. Well i totally forgot about what i was doing so i ate dinner with them and decided to stay upstairs and watch TV with them.. went to bed.. Woke up this morning to find that i left the Holding tank valve open!!!!!! Which left my 100 GPD RO unit pumping away all nite!

Well regardless, I find that the Tank water is COLD.. and the Salinity is 1.012 DEATH water!!

So i freak out start calling people..

THANKS A MILLION JENSEN FROM REEF RAFT and BRIAN from REEF CREW Both these AMAZING People made Salt Available to me at 8AM!!!! Man i love these guys!

If you want to talk about Customer service... NOTHING BEATS that!!!!

And of course my Better half helping me out.. Liz.. THANKS I love you the most

So i ran out to get the salt and back home made up a couple of holding tanks and started ripping out my Fish, Corals and rocks..

Now i have a tank sitting there.. full of cold water and no salt.. So I'm adding the salt to the tank now, and pumping all the heaters i have trying to get it all back up to where i want.. I mean i don't know if things Will make it.. but at 7am i was netting out my fish.. still alive.. not moving fast.. but alive!.. Most of my sps where bleached out .. or on the way..

So i don't know what Else i can do .. But get the salt and temp levels back up.. the rock is back in the tank.. and once i get them back up.. start acclimatizing the fish back to that tank and I'm going to leave them in my 50 Gallon sump for now.. just in case they do not make it.. and start acclimatising the corals..

What a horrible day! Just had to vent.

The fish where moving Slowly and stressed...

I pulled them out and dumped them in tanks of the old talk water and move as miuch as i could into my other holding tanks.. Now they are all in holding tanks.. and once i get the levels in my main tank back up to where they should be Temp and Salinity/PH... then i will aclimitse them back to that tank from what they are in .. as slow as possible and leave the fish in the sump.. just for now.. just incase..

Right now i have my heaters and my halides running trying to warm up hte water.. its around 68'

Well...

6 hours later..

My body is starting to crash.. Being Pumped up on so much adrenaline and now its wore off and I'm feeling totally whipped out..

But this is where i stand..

Again thanks to Jensen and Brain, My Main tank is now back full of Saltwater at the correct Salinity, Now I'm just waiting on the heaters to heat that baby up.

My Fish are all safe, and still alive at the moment the tangs are not liking the 24 inch tank but they are alive and i did feed them an hour ago and they are eating like horses.

All my corals are stressed out. It is to be expected and most of my SPS are showing signs of Bleaching.. But no RTN at the moment So I'm going to everything alone now for a few hours until the tank gets up to the right temps and then i will start the transfer back into the main tank.

Ouch! Im sorry to hear that Toooloud, but at least its good to hear that your fishes are still alive and look/eat well!

Hope everything turns out good for you!

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Wow... hope things go ok for you man!
    -Dazz

Hey Tooloud,

I really hope everything works out o.k. It's good that you acted fast once you figured out what happened ... must have been really stressing. Any flooding in your house?

Good luck,

Steph

thanks god it was just RO not kalk. good luck with the recovery.

have you tried boiling some RO/DI water to add to your tank and heat up the water rather than waiting for those heaters?
    Albert
    My Photos

or just put hot water in a pop bottle and float it in the sump ( what i did in the ice storm )

the water is back up to the right levels..

No need for hot water.. i stuck in my heaters ( 4 x ) Jager Heater -250 Watt

I moved over all my fish... They are swimming Eating fine now.

Now I'm just moving over the Corals slowly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast