Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Helfrichi Firefish

No no I don't have one..but I might buy one. Wondering it anyone here has one or has any experience with one?

What are they like? Will they hide if they are by themselves with no other firefish? Willl they get along with a purple or red firefish?

I'm sure many of you have seen the store that has them for sale....and they have a good price on them...I'm very tempted!
    Visit my Reef @ NewfieReef.com

Thats a beautiful fish! I dont have any experience with them. I though of having it before, but the place that had the best price for it was 250$ and i still think that it is too much expensive. As for how they are, there are similar to any other firefish in an aquarium. What kind of fish will he be with? I would not put him with similar kind as they tend to be aggressive with each other... maybe you could have him with an another firefish if you introduce both of them at the same time. Otherwise, i would not try
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

He would be in a 112 reef with half a dozen tangs (purple, yellows, blonde naso, unicorn, chevron), juv emp angel, pair of percs, skunk, tomato, and 2 damsels. Nothing similar to him...

Just don't want to invest $200 on him if he is gonna shy away all the time. I've seen single firefish do a lot of hiding before..

Maybe its gonna happens with so many big fishes! But its all depends of the fish and his caracters. I guss if he is hiding, he might get well to the tank and start going out much more after. Are your tangs full growth?
    Richard

600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

My purple is pretty big....yellows are only 2 inch or so....naso is almost full grown for captivity, pushing 8-9". unicorn is getting there as well....chevron is still a juvy

They are amazing fish... I saw one the other day at my LFS and they were only 150.00.. I was VERY tempted but restrained as my tank is still fairly new and don't want to loose any fish at att let alone a 150 dollar beauty... If you do purchase it Azonic post some pics and let us know how he fairs out

The price doesn't bother me. I didn't get into this hobby because it was a cheap one.

I've already got several expensive fish in my adult male blonde naso, my purple tang, chevron tang and emperor angel....I just want him to fit in :P

150 for a Helfrichi!! thats really not expensive! If only i could find any of those in montreal
    Richard

JL Aquatics had one in the special Livestock section $169 I think

I was tempted, but already have a purple firefish

Cool

IVAN had a pair of these but lost them to heat issues last year. they seem to have the exact manerisms as other firefish.
    very very nice but they should be the only firefish in the tank.A pair would be best,I've read more than that they'll fight until theres only 1 left or a mated pair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast