Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

toronto marine stores

I have to go down to the toronto area tomorrow and i was wondering if there is any stand out stores or displays that I should see while I'm thar.

ijo
    You can try our Local Fish Store locator and see the reviews members have given... I would go see flavio at Oakville Reef Gallery(been there many times), I've been wanting to go to Extreme Marine and ReefRaft. Both of these are the newer stores in the T.O. area that seem to have top quality corals. If you end up going... please give us an update

IJO

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    I went to Toronto last week-end and checked out several stores.

First on my list was ExtremeMarine. Excellent store, LOTS of corals, great quality and great price. The owner was also really nice to speak to. I walked out of there with a heliofungia coral, a hammer coral, a cleaner shrimp, and a fromia indica star.
    I'll definately be back when I'm in Toronto again.

Next on my list was Reefraft. It's located in an office building, and was unfortunately closed when I went.... even though the store hours posted on the door and internet indicated that they were supposed to be open. I had waited an hour in the parking lot hoping he had just stepped out. Even worse, I had emailed the owner earlier in the week telling him that I'd be passing by, and he never said that he'd be closed. Turns out that his brother went to a wedding, and he got called into his day-to-day job. So basically no-one was there running the shop. It's a small start-up that seems to be going through growing pains. My suggestion, if you go, is call before you trek your butt out there and make sure they're open and receiving customers.

Next stop, Oakville Reef Gallery. The owner Flavio runs a top-quality operation. Very clean and well managed store. Lots of hard-to-find items. Display tanks were wonderful. I didn't buy anything there on this trip, but will definately be back when I'm next in town.

Last stop was the Big Al's Oakville across the street from Oakville Reef Gallery. This is BigAl's "showcase store". I was there on opening week-end, and it was packed with people. Why you ask?? They have the most impressive display tanks that I've ever seen in person. The centerpiece of the store is a 6000 gallon cylinder saltwater tank in which are 2 sharks, MANY tangs, wrasses, angels, butterflies... A spectacular sight. The hallway leading up to this tank houses two 400 gallon in-wall tanks, one freshwater and the other salt. I was awestruck.
    This is A must-see stop! Most of the livestock for sale seemed in ok condition. Corals weren't looking that hot when I passed by... but this is maybe because they just opened.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Pictures of the new BigAl's in Oakville...

Sweet display tanks. They would look sweet in the livingroom. Wheres the wife to when cool stuff like this is on the go.LOL. I can hear her now... oh no you don't, don't even think about it.

I went to Extreme Marine today. That place has no fancy decoration and no price tags on fish and corals. However, they have a lot of corals and fishes. Just ask then you will get a good price. I bought an African Flameback Angelfish at 62% of Big Al's price!

MUST VISIT.

ijo
    wow... now thats a display tank!!! I WANT ONE!!!

... TM and apoon... these are the types of reviews that really help our Local Fish Store locator... if everyone could take the time to submit reviews(good or bad)... this could prove to be a valuable resource.

IJO

I found Extreme Marine to be one of the best in T.O With great looking corals that are healthy and best of all competitive pricing.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

IJO, review done.

Yup...
    I should'a put my reviews there earlier. Done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast