Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sos

Sos

Susan's big tank is crashing bad. Her cucmber got sucked int oher Tunze. Her ammonia is .05. Most of her fish are dead or on their way. She has gooten out what she can and they are in 30 gal of clean water that was ready for a change for her reef. She has gone to get Prime to neutralize the ammonia fo rthe fish she can't find.

Anything else she can do ??? Anyone with water, she will be needing it!
    Gail in Nova Scotia

whoah! there's another cuke gone bad and another reason i wont get one.
    Gail, is this in her reef? doesnt she use NSW? how about a MASSIVE 75% water change? if its NSW it will be the same consistency and have all the bacteria.
    Albert
    My Photos

It's in her 300 gal. The cuke didn't necessarily go Bad. It got caught in the pump. Could have been a fish. anyway- yes, wc is in order. But she doesn't have 300 gal in her basement. The fish she could catch are out, but not looking good. Say a prayer.
    Hopefully we can get our NSW deliver guy and he will have some in storage.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

OMG .. this is terrible news :-( :-(
    I'm too far to be of any use but I have my fingers crossed for you Susan. can you get some buckets and punch holes in them and float them in your reef with the fish in the buckets until things are sorted out??
    Rob

Oh good idea OSD!!! I'll call her with it.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

maybe 1/2 inch holes or whatever size will not allow the fist to get out of the buckets. Just don't let then sink into the reef and mess it up too. she can suspend them about 4 inches into the reef with sticks that go through aligned holes.
    Rob

All the reefers are bringing over their spare water. It looks like she will be able to do a 50% water change. we can't get hold of NSW delivery guy, but hopefully this will dilute everything enough to keep things alive until she can get him. Not all the fish are dead. The toxins are so strong that you can 't even put your arm in the tank without getting burned. And that is in 300 gallons!
    Gail in Nova Scotia

WOW I know what I will not be putting in my future tank. I hope the losses are minimal.
    Rob

Apparentlythe same thing happened at Aqua Creations and they lost a whole tank full of fish. maybe a dirty sand bed is a better alternative...
    Gail in Nova Scotia

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    OMG, This is terrible news. I was just commenting to my wife how great Susan's tank is. I hope she gets through this. With all the support she has from all of you up there, things may turn out ok.

OSD mentioned a great idea for the fish, however you don't want to up the bioload too quickly on her reef either. She has a lot of fish in that 300....

My fingers are crossed.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast