Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1.5" Bulkhead Flange Diameter

Just wondering if anyone here has bought any 1.5" BH off Ivan ?? If so, what is the diameter of the bulkhead flange ??
    Or anyone else who has 1.5" BH's, if you can please let me know what is the diameter of your BH flange. I have to build my overflow box but I want to make sure I leave enough clearance for my BH, I think I read from OSD on here that a 1.5" BH had a flange of approx. 3.5" in diameter. Just want confimration and an approximate of everyones size.

Reason why I ask is cause I don't know when I can get out to Ivans to pick up my BH but I would like to start working on cutting my acrylic pieces though, have baffles and an overflow to build...

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Don't cut anything until you have the bulkheads!! They're different diameters, from different manufacturers. Start drilling before you have them and you might end up screwing yourself.
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

Cool

those ones need a 2,1/2'' hole as I have them. as mentioned, its always good to have the bulkhead first in any case.

For the BH hole size required Im ok there, I knew I required a 2.5" hole, Thanks Johnny.

What I was after was the bulkhead flange diameter or bulkhead face as some may call it. The actual lip part of the bulkhead that covers the hole on the inside of the tank with the seal. Thats the diameter I need, cause I want to make sure that I build my overflow box deep enough to clear the BH flange. Im leaving extra clearance in case but needed a rough estimate of the face size. Im thinking it cannot be more than 4.5" for most 1.5" BH or well at least the ones Ivan sells, how big do you think it is Johnny, since I know now you have the ones Ivan sells heh ?

AK

I am not sure what you are doing AK. if this BK is to be in the overflow box is the BK not on the bottom of the tank in a corner?
    Rob

shoot, I can't measure as there inside my tank in use. I'd guestimate around 4''. are you building a side overflow box?

Yeah, Im building a side overflow box, it will be mounted on the rear glass of my aquarium in the middle.

If you look at this post, http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...k&pagenumber=2
    Theres a pic there of the overflow im gonna build.

Johnny, so around 4" eh, no more than 4.5" you think ?

AK

Cool

ahh I see, how are you gonna cut teeth into the back panel?? dremel? or is your box going on the inside? which I believe it is.
    is it 2 side viewing? drill 2 bulkheads. I can't stress this more!!!
    it will save you a flood! I've had a starfish climb thru eggcrate to go after the slime in the overflow box and he coverd the drain. I've had a chunk of NORI break loose and clog up the drain [with strainer]. I've had a fish some how make it into the box and... etc. this was on my 90g. now I have 3!! drains

No Overflow Box

Why not do it like this? You will get 7.5 inches around the top of a 1.5 inch piece of PVC. This is how I will be doing the overflows on my new tank. the teeth will be cut about 1.5 inches deep and the height will be adjustable
    Rob

OSD

it has been done like that but you'll want as much surface skimming as possible and thats the beauty of the overflow box. the longer the better. Its amazing how much film coats the surface water.with the box at least it gets collected inside there and eventually makes it to the sump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast