Thread: Sexy Shrimp

Question Sexy Shrimp

I was just browsing the site and when I checked out what reef custodians they had for sale I found Sexy Shrimp. Now I have heard of them, in fact the lfs had one come in once but he was so small that he just dissapeared in the tank and was never seen again. I kinda like the look of them and was wondering if anybody had one. How big do they get and are they easy to keep? Do they actually DO anything?
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Nope!! They do nothing special and they stay that small. In my opinion, they are best kept only in a nano tank otherwise, it would just get lost or probably eaten by something else wanting a snack.

I have two in my fuge.. and at $10 a pop I would not recommend them! Too small and as Toutouche said "nope!"

Thanx for that. I found an artical and it also said to keep in Nano reefs cause they get lost in a larger tank. Oh well I'll have to find something else to try.
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Even then, the nano crowd is suggesting them for extremely small nanos i.e. < 5G. Most people with nanos are after a cleaner shirmp / fire shrimp.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.