Skimmate in sump ??

I just started my cycle last night with some nice Vanuatu LR which I got from Ivan.

I noticed last night some white foam in my sump but I was not worried figuring it was just cause of the new setup. Now when I come home tonight from work, I notice now even more foam, in fact lots of it!! All on my water surface in my return compartment in my sump, it looks like its skimmate beeing generated from the tiny bubbles created in my return.

I noticed also on my baffles were the foam stops, a sort of dark brown goo covering the baffle and it looks just like the crap that a skimmer would pull, beige colored foam. I did clean the baffle were the buildup of beige foam/brown goo was and all is left is white foam but im sure more will be generated...Now my question is, should I worry about the foam or not ?

Here's a pic...

Thanks

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Are you skimming somewhere in the system? Foams lasting power is directly related to the amount of waste, proteins etc that are in the water. It also looks like you have a HIGH flow rate there which would concentrate everything in the sump. In a way that sump chamber where surface scum is being trapped is acting like a big but inefficient skimmer.
    Rob

Nope im not skimming yet, I have most of my parts to build my DIY EAP skimmer but im still missing some.

I do have a lot of flow, I have a MAG7 pushing approx. 3-4ft. high through the SCWD into u-tubes which I calculated gives me approx 500GPH...the thing is though, I think the tiny bubbles are beeing generated by the fact that in the return, I also have a bulkhead installed which is plugged atm (will be the bulkhead that feeds my skimmer pump) and thats why its acting like a skimmer sort of...

Ill just keep wiping down the baffle everyday then until either it stops or until my skimmer is completed and hooked up...Thanks!

AK

Cool

I get this to. its just the bubbles caused by your drains. perfectly normal considering you just added uncured rock.scoop the foam out and wipe up what you can periodicaly.

Alright, will do!! Thanks! BTW, looking forward to the 27th, can't wait to check out your tank Johnny!

AK