Thread: fish purchase

fish purchase

I'm looking at adding 2 new fishies to my tank this weekend and wasnt sure if this is fact or fiction... I heard that you should not add 2 fish at the same time. I never have in the past but I've been wanting to add a flame angel and a yellow tank to my tank for some time now but have been picky with size, health, and coloring and one of my LFS has both that are exactly what I have been looking for will this cause any havoc on my tank only other fish are 2 percs and a bi color blenni peramiters are good.. Sal 1.024 ammonia 0 temp 78 ph 8.1 calcium 480.

Am I better of adding both at the same time or buy one today and the other in 2 days or so...

I have added two fish at the same time, with no difficulties at all.. Just keep an eye on the perametres, and you should be fine.

You should be fine adding both the fish at the same time. Your tank is not heavily stocked so it should not be an issue. Like sara said just keep an eye on the water quality.

Colby
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

Thanks

I added five chromis to my 90 all at once with no problems. Long as you have lots of biological filtration- go for it!
    Gail in Nova Scotia

I agree, unless the tank is really new you should be fine. Sometimes it even helps. Tangs and angels can be bullies. If you add one it will likely harras the newcomer. Adding them both together will cause no aggression problems - until the next fish
    Susan

Well they are both in the tank and seem to be the best of buddies They are swimming together and zig zagging through the rocks like a maze both in like they are joined at the hip.. Strange thing is they were both in seperate tanks at the LFS... Both look great and are eating as well... Thanks everyone !

I agree .. 2 fish added at the same time to a tank that size is not an issue. It's not going to be like the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back given that you only have 3 other fish in there now.
    Rob