Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Tang Eats Teflon!

thats right,your not missreading the title. I have my closed loop holes capped as I've not setup my pump yet and there was a string of teflon that either came loose or was pulled loose by my yellow tang. well, I was watching for like 2 seconds and jumped up to stop him from eating it and he freaking chomped it down. I fear he's doomed now. I'm not sure if this will cause a blockage or if he'll pass it. anyone EVER have this happen? I know its a strech.

I have never seen or heard of it happen, But I'm sure he will just pass it on through. LOL that's gonna be one nasty poop!

Colby
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

I saw a photo of a yellow tang passing a rubber band once. It was pretty weird to see but apparently the fish survived and was fine.
    Susan

Maybe the poop will be all conveniently wrapped up!!! Don't worry..., it's teflom..., nothing sticks to teflon.., including the internals of a tang (I'm guessing now but....) :

Cool

whew!! hopefully your right. It went in white, I wonder what color it comes out? white I guess what a weird fish!! ya figure they would only eat what taste good.what happens if he starts to poop it out and another fish starts to eat it? they'll stuck together bouncing around the tank

Teflon is in fact the most chemically resistant and slipperiest substance know to man. I am sure he will be OK.
    Rob

Originally posted by One Salty Dog
    Teflon is in fact the most chemically resistant and slipperiest substance know to man. I am sure he will be OK.
    Rob
    Not true!! Actually..., Johnny in leather pants is!!! (at least that's what I'm told..., not that I would know myself..., not that there's anything wrong with it!!.., it's just that..., I'm gonna stop now before I dig down deeper!!!...,oof: ).

Talking

aren't my leather pants legal in CANADA now

MAYBE TRUE .. but johnny's not feeding his pants to his fish ... is he??
    Rob

:ummm: You don't wanna go there Rob. Actually..., and this is our little secret..., Johnny often puts the fish IN his leather pants!!!! He then calls it his little "Barracuda"!!!... :redhat: :rotflmao:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast