ID this fish plz!!!

i really like this fish! is it reef-safe? ID plz
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

I knew I had seen that picture before. Turns out it was a grimreefers.com. The author of the picture says it's a hawkfish ... as far as what kind I'm not sure. Not sure if he's reefsafe. My guess would be no if he's won picture of the month on grimreefers. You can contact the author if you want to find out ... his name is goldentooth

Hope this helps

Steph

Arc eye hawkfish. It's reef safe but may eat cleaner shrimp. I've heard that if you feed your tank well they won't bother with the shrimp but there is that risk I guess.
    Susan

Susan mailed it. It has a mouth and head that looks more like a grouper EH?
    Rob

its really a nice fish, i though all hawfish was red and not black. Nice fish, but i would hate it if a lose my cleaner shrimps.. Thanks guys, i will contact the guys for its real identity
    Richard

600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

There a a few commonly known hawk fish that can be kept in our hobby depending on the tank. The flame hawk is my fav followed closely by the long nosed hawk which is an interesting fellow.
    Rob

i did a small reseach on arc eye hawkfish and they seem to be rose and not black... seem black are rare no?
    Richard

Here's a few links to Hawk fish info.

http://www.animal-world.com/encyclo/.../hawk/hawk.htm

Some PICs here under their hawk fish selection.
    http://www.waterlifefiji.com/Aquarium%20Fish.htm

Rob