Thread: Thanks Steven!

Thanks Steven!

Steven braved the wild weather and delivered 86gals of NSW today. I have the heater running, up to 62 deg already! Water change tomorrow for both my tanks!

Im realy currious as to where Steven gets you your NSW?
    Im just collecting as much info on the subject as I can because I too plan to yuse NSW soon. Thanks.
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

I had to turn him away Our road still isn't plowed and without power he couldn't hook up his pump anyway.
    Susan

what you have snow already this doesn't look good for the winter.there saying we could be in for a bad one.

Surfer, man- I think the nsw is collected off shore somewhere. Not exactly sure, but I don't think it is collected right from the beach.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

Steven said the water is collected off shore (approx 1KM). I've collected it myself off the shore at high tide at Sambro (mouth of the Halifax Harbour). Lorne has been using this spot for some time and the water is always excellent. I've had mixed results at Boutlier's Point, off the goverment Dock. At high tide the water was good, lots of pods. I went once when the tide was not quite in and the water showed some phophates.

Yup, I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a bad winter. Last year we didn't see snow until after Christmas. This was nasty, a bunch of snow followed by slush and ice. Plenty accumulation but it's very wet and will probably freeze tonight.

This is a good time to think about what to do WHEN the power goes out.
    Susan