Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

oceanmotion users

I'm wondering what pump people are using with the 4-way. I'm planning on getting one for a 8'x30"x30" tank but am undecided about brand and size of pump. Leaning towards a Sequence(not sure which one) or a Amp 3000, is bigger better? Appreciate any feed back.

there is a user forum right at ocean motions web site. you will get better user information there. If your tank is 8 feet why not go with the 8 way unit. Given the cost difference between the 4 way and the 8 way it may be the way to go. I have a 6 foot tank and will use a dart on the system. I was told it would not be a problem.
    Rob

I've read that a 4-way can handle up to 8000GPH! I am a big fan of water flow, but how much depends on what you want to keep.

yes they do handle a large water volume. I do not have mine yet but it is part of my final plan for my tank.
    Rob

I've heard the Amp pumps use less power if that helps any.
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

I run an ampmaster 3000 and I like it. It's very quite and so far reliable. I have heard that the seals tend to leak after time so we will see how that goes. I have also heard great things about the sequence pumps as well. Actually If I could go back in time I would have went with a sequnce, only because they have a better seal built into them.

Colby
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    I'm running a Sequence Dart on my closed loop, and must say that I love it. It's quiet, and moves A LOT of water.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

The Sequence pumps are actually suppose to be more efficient than the Ampmasters from what I've read in that they draw less power.

Originally posted by One Salty Dog
    If your tank is 8 feet why not go with the 8 way unit. Given the cost difference between the 4 way and the 8 way it may be the way to go..
    Rob
    Thanks for the reply, I initially had planned on a 8-way but after a email from Paul at Ocean Motions he said that a 4-way is more advisable for a closed loop, it is slightly more reliable and can actually handle larger volumes of water,(8000g/hr) and with the larger volume comes more possibilities of teeing off into different configurations. I'll check into OM users forum before I make the final decision. Thanks again.

CableGuy, I have a dolphin 2100 now(running 3yrs.) and have no complaints,it's been great so far. Apparently the seal problem was corrected some time ago. That said, I am leaning towards the Sequence as they have a great reputation for their service.

That's good to hear, I hope mine will last that long. I have been running it for about 4 months so far with no problems.

Colby
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast