Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venustus Angel!

Venustus Angel!

Hey Guys!

I've asked this before and got no response so I will try again. Anyone heard of Venustus Angels? I would like to get one but can't find any info. I want to do my homework before buying a fish so if anyone got any advice please help point me the right way!

I have a picture of him on my hard drive but I can't seem to get it to post! He's yellow and purple! Very pretty fish!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

ijo
    piatchie... send the image to ijo@aquaria.ca ... I'll see if I can upload it for you.

Trying again!

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Sorry it's only half the fish but the picture was too big and I did not know how to make it smaller! Hope this give you an Idea.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Piatchie,

According to the book Angelfishes and Butterflyfishes,

The Venusta Angel (Paracentropyge venusta) is rare in the aquarium trade, and is usually difficult to keep.
    They are found in deep water caves usually swimming upside down among the rock.
    If kept in an aquarium it would require many cave structures, and dim lighting with very little traffic (human or otherwise) as it could cause undue stress.
    It is said to feed on sponge and tunicates and may nip at LPS.
    It has an aquarium suitability index rating of 2. (out of 5, quite low).

I wouldn't suggest this fish.

I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Well that wasen't exactly what I wanted to here! Maybe I'll have to wait till I can go BIG like the rest of you and then hecould have the whole tank to himself!

I can certainly see why you would want one, it's a beautiful fish. Too bad they have such difficult requirements.
    Susan

Originally posted by Flame*Angel
    I can certainly see why you would want one, it's a beautiful fish. Too bad they have such difficult requirements.
    Isn't this ALWAYS the case?!!!

Yup. When I was setting up my FOWLR tank and researching butterflyfish I soon found out that the nicest ones are all obligate coralavores meaning they eat corals and nothing else. My favorite ones only ate the polyps of specific species of acroporas. Unbelievable that an animal that "picky" could have survived natural selection. I guess they're fine as long as the coral holds out but would be extinct pretty quick if it ever disappeared.

There are many delicate fish that can be kept in a tank if you're willing to research their needs and provide for them but there are also some fish that really should be left in the ocean.
    Susan

I have mentioned to Reefmutt once that if someone invented a prepared/frozen food that is specifically polyp oriented for the coral eaters, they might become rich!! Now I know all the "save the reef" advocates will jump on this, but what I meant was a synthetic prepared acro polyp substitue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast