Thread: Overflow Boxes

Overflow Boxes

can anyone tell me where to buy internal overflow boxes???

Skip the box all together ... read this thread.

http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...8954#post58954

Rob

bui;d it your self with plexi

I agree with Rob on that thread, it is the most reliable way. But, it won't help you if your tank is set-up... full of water and critters. I've tried many different over-flow boxes, and reverted back to Marineland. It is the quietest, with their unique baffle design. If you pm me, I'll tell you a few tricks, to increase it's capacity to flow approx. 25% more as well as a way to prevent it from loosing it's flow during power outages.

pappfish .. a fixed position overflow box can not continue to act as an over flow in a power failure because the sump return pump will not be adding water to the tank??? If anything you WANT it to stop working so that the sump will not overflow. Stand pipes also as a rule do not need priming so there is no need to do that when power returns. I think you may be thinking about something different like an over the back overflow box for un-drilled tanks?

Harley builds and sells internal overflow boxes.
    Rob

I got confused Rob....if the tank is already drilled....I guess it's in the bottom.....hence the internal over-flow!! do di do di do.....it was early when I posted that. I wish these clownfish spawns would hatch in the daylight hours so I could get some sleep!!

Papafish,
    You can also have an internal just n the back wall as it is the size of a smallish box near the top.

Andrew,
    You can have Harley make you them or simply build them yourself out of acrylic..., you're good with your hands ( not that there's anything wrong with it!!!...).

LOL
    You can have Harley make you them or simply build them yourself out of acrylic..., you're good with your hands ( not that there's anything wrong with it!!!...).
    andrew just send me the dimension you need

Harley check out this link it describes the tank, i'm not sure what size i need....if you don't understand the drawing let me know....thanks again Harley http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...&threadid=5391