Chaos in the Aquarium

I have a problem....Male- Bi-color Angel and male- Banggai fighting constantly....they've been in the tank together for a few years. Suddenly...they had enough of each other....The Banggai is a breeder and quite passive, but lately he will make sure he is in the same space as the angel...very aggressive! Any ideas??

While I'm on this subject.....When the female Bi-color Angel reaches adulthood....will it change to a male...even though she has a mate?

Well you can either let them work it out or remove one...I'm not sure about the angel. I had three Banggais in my tank once until they matured and i got a breeding pair- when that happened the two males fought until one was so mangled it couldn't eat and then died- they were horribly brutal when fighting. All I'm saying is that when a bangai wants to breed it can become REAL mean...
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

How big is your Bi-Color? I'm looking for one if you decide to get rid of him!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

I have a bicolour that lived peacefully with a midnight angel for over a year. When the bicolor matured she decided she could no longer share the tank with the midnight. She wouldn't let him out of his cave for a long time, close to a month. Then she just gave up. The midnight swims the tank with her peacefully.

I've seen this happen more than once. Any time I've tried to interfere it's made matters worse. I've learned to let nature take its course unless you're sure you can actually help.
    Susan

It's the Bi-color I'm worried about.....frazzled....You would never think a Banggai could be that aggressive....Bi-color is much bigger... I'm lost in this....Do Bi-colors live in the same area as the Banggai?... I didn't think so. Bi-colors are from the Philippines...eh? Banggais from Madagascar area?? I was thinkin maybe it's like the Powder Blue...Butterfly relationship? Is the smaller female Bi-color changing sex....and the Banggai don't want two males......What the hell is goin on???? He's relentless.....I have to let it work out on its own...I'm not destroying my reef over this!!!!
    Jerry

Agreed. I've taken apart rockwork, divided my tank and cracked too many sweet SPS corals trying to settle disputes between fish. In the end I just made matters worse. Unless you're 100% sure you can do something it's not worth it. Many times these things work themselves out. That said I wouldn't put two dwarf angels together again. Or a leopard wrasse with a sixlie. Or a full grown male squarespot anthias in a 4' tank. Never in a million years would I have thought a Bangai would become aggressive towards a bi-color though.
    Susan