Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hang on skimmers form J&L

Has anyone tried the hang on skimmers from J&L?And It is around $198 for it and the price seems resonable but do you get what you pay for?HAs anyone used the BakPak2,Red sea, or the comline 3110.
    I am looking for a skimmer for my 40 Gal tall and dont know what to get.

IDEAS???????
    Bubbles....bubbles...my bubbles....

I have a Seaclone. I don't find that one too bad, and it's a hang-on skimmer.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

I've a remora. Its price has dropped quite a bit due to the CDN strength. Very minimum maintenance/adjustment required.

Based on reading, most comments suggest that the Aqua-C line is superior to the BakPak and Red Sea. That would probably boost the cost somewhat. Which brings you back to the old argument: is it better to spend more now or to 'make do' and up-grade later if needed? :-)
    Nick

ok at the price its going to cost you from jl...jagger has a lifereef skimmer for sale in the classifed and you cant get a better skimmer than that at half the price and trust me is tried more than i want to think of of brands of skimmer.....
    Derik...

Isn't that Lifereef skiimer a sump-based model? Geopod is looking for HOB varieties so likely wouldn't be able to take advantage of this offer.
    Nick

mine is a hang on and its the exact same model except i have a bracket to hang it on the tank..they are the exact same model you can use it as a sump or hang on
    Derik...

CAT
    Lifereef makes decent products - I have the overflow box and I really like it. Might be worth looking into the skimmer.
    Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.

photo gallery: http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/showgallery.php?ppuser=424

Derik i going to have to give you a 10% cut , damn your doing a good job trying to sell my skimmer

AHAHHA Well you dont realized how nice those skimmers are until you actually get one.......Its just too bad that you didnt have it for sale when i got mine i would of saved 300$$

Harley starting to make some too and it will be well worth looking into his too..i know when i need to get another one i will get it from him
    Derik...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast