Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to shop in Montreal?

Hey guys,

I will be in Montreal in January and was wondering where the best place would be to get some goodies? Hoping to pick up some Live Rock and some Coral Frags and maybe a Fish. Any suggestions?

Thanx
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    - BigAl's in the west area of the island
    - Nature Pet center in the west area of the island
    - Le Corail on the South shore (Brossard)

Those are my 3 recommendations...
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Which place would be best for LR?

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Recently, I've been impressed with teh LR at BigAl's...
    He recently brought in several boxes of WaltSmith rock.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

ijo
    piatchie... there should be a few reviews along with their address, phone number and a link to both Map Quest and Yahoo Maps http://www.aquariacanada.com/LFSLocator/ HTH

IJO

Thanks Ivan! Wish I was visiting Ottawa instead!!!!!

twice i bought fishes with internal parasites at pet nature...they are crossed off my list but the big als on boul. des source actuallly quarantines there livestock for 2 weeks before selling and have a couple of somewhat knowlagable staff there too...
    Derik...

Actually, at the Big Als, there is only one person I would trust..., somewhat and that is Gwen. She is really the only one with something of a background in fish sales at any stores. The rest are just working there and learning what a fish is as they go. This goes for the owner too, but apparantly..., he is trying to learn fast and he seems to be absorbing a lot of info good.

Piatcie,
    When will you be here in january? I live 2 minutes fromn one of the Nature on St. Jean and 5 minutes from the Big Al's on Des Sources that are mentioned above. If the timing is good, perhaps I can bring you to Le Corail too which is what you can call a "Reef" specialty store with the most corals at any one time in Mtl. It is a bit further though and could take about 20 to 30 minutes to get there since it is off the island on the South Shore opposite side from my end of town.

Toutouche,

I am actually flying to Labrador City but I have to go to Montreal to get there. I leave St. John's at 5:25 A.M. on Monday the 10th of January. I am in Montreal overnight and leave at 7 A.M. on Tuesday to fly to Labrador City. I then leave Labrador City at like 12 noon on the 16th of January, fly back to Montreal, overnight again and then leave at like 7 A.M.on the 17th to fly to Halifax where I get to hang out at the Airport for 5 hours and then fly back to St. John's for a 11:45 P.M. landing in St. John's.

THEN I get to go back to work at 6 A.M. on the 18th.!!!!

I figured if I could pat for my goodies on the 10th, then I could pick them up on the 16th when I get back. If the pet stores are open on Sundays that is!!! If you are available on the 10th, it might work cause I will be staying with my Aunt but she is working till about 2 P.M. and I should be getting there around 10 A.M. It would sure beat hanging out at the airport all day!!!!

yeah gwen i pretty good..i thought brent the owner knew some stuff..but maybe he just wanted to look smart ehehe...bu tthey do have a nice store
    Derik...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast