Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: refractormeter

refractormeter

just bought a refractormeter from iVAN and there was a difference of.002 from my regualar swinging type very accurate good investment

You can't go much wrong with a refractometer and Ivan's price is SHARP
    Rob

My friend cres bought one last week and we compared it to my Pinpoint monitor....dead on.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Toss the swing arm, I had two and compared their readings to my meter. They were both off .02 points!

i have a pinpoint salinity for constant monitoring but i use the float type to mix my salt.....
    Derik...

Derik ... Why not use the pinpoint to check your mixed salt?
    Rob

Rob,
    i think its a pain having to take it out..but i will get another refractometer.....i had one but nbreault wanted one and i ended up trading it for a bucket of salt ahah i will get another one though..my float type is not off at all...you just got to make sure you rinse it good in warm freshwater after your done with it
    Derik...

Just to jump on the band wagon, I just picked up a refractometer from Ivan.

Not only are they stupid simple to use, I learned my carefully maintained swing arm hydrometer was out by 0.03.

If I was doing it over again, I would have gone straight for the refractometer.

My only complaint is I seem to be getting old enough that I now need to remove my eyeglasses in order to focus the eye piece.

Got anything to fix that Ivan?

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

ijo
    hehe Krugar... what you need is the ATC-2000 version... it projects a scale on the wall with the salinity line flashing... it also has a voice option and volume control. If you just so happen to be going deaf in addition to blind... it comes with an integrated equalizer and patch cables so you can easily hook it up to your home stereo.

IJO

does it support mp3's because if it does i will buy one....can you also leave the refractometer in the water and have it connected to the web so you can see all the time were your salinity is were ever you are.....If so i want one....and i dont want to pay more than 7$ for the unit....
    Derik...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast