Christmas Tree Rock dieing?

I was looking at my tank last night and I noticed this weird little worm on the sand bed! After closer inspection I am almost sure it is one of the worms from my Christmas Tree Rock. It just looks like a regular earthworm but he had the pink and white "feathers" on his head. Is it normal for them to just come out of the rock like that or is it gonna die? Anything I can do?
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

I was reading an article on advancedaquarist after the MASO meeting cause DARK has one really nice xmas tree rock and I wanted to learn more about em. I read that in the long term, xmas tree worms don't do good in the aquarium...Hopefully this is not the case with your xmas tree rock...How long have you had it for ??

Ill see if I can find the link to that article again...
    EDIT: Here's the link - (http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issu...002/toonen.htm)

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

That's a good link, Thanx!!!! I have had the Christmas Tree Rock for about a yaer now. It was doing well at first but in the last few months it tends to only open when the lights go out and more and more it doesn't open at all! Just when I think it has given up, I see it open that night and then it will close for a week or so! I guess I've known for a while that I was lossing it but since it was the first Coral that I ever bought I just didn't want to face it! My Crested Blenny lives behind the Rock so I guess I will keep it in the tank anyway!

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Do you add anything to the water that would feed it? Do you see it poop? I add filter feeder food atleast once a week to the tank and see my xmass trees(10+) poop alot.

I have two different types of phytoplankton that I feed my tank twice a week. I can honestly say that I haven't noticed if they "Pooped" but I'm sure they do! Hey, if it goes in it has to come out right???

How long have you had yours Dark? I seen the pictures from the meeting....Very Nice!!!

We've had ours 5 months now. I just happened to notice the poop cause I spend so much time looking at the tank. It(poop) spirals up from the base along the tree. Watch for it to see if they are actually eating.