Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New set of photos

I've uploaded a new set of photos to my site that include pics of all 4 tanks (mostly the new 300g though). If you would like to check them out go to:
    www.sjwilson.net/reef
    Just click the link at the bottom of the front page that says "Current Tank Photos".
    Susan

Very cool website Flame'Angel.
    I like the pictures of the 300g tank....especially like the 'extra view' of the tank from the kitchen.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Susan,
    Beautiful pictures as always... The captions with every single picture are great!

It looks like your 300gal is humming along quite well.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Thanks guys. Yup, it seems to be fine now but there were certainly some setbacks along the way. A couple of the butterflyfish still have a little lymphosystis from the stress of the "oxygen incident" but seem to be on the mend now.

I can't get over how much Sascha, the 6" male squarespot anthias, changed when I moved him from the 120g reef to the new tank. It's hard to believe he was ever a bully now. I always thought the 4' tank was plenty big for him but I don't think I'd recommend these fish for that size tank now.
    Susan

I can never get your site to load Susan.

All I want for Christmas is my other toes...:jump3:

FourToedJoe, you need to have Macromedia Flash plugin installed for Flame's site -> (http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/)

Nice tank Susan!! Very nice!!! I dream of the day where I can own my 300G tank too!! hehe

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Susan the 300g bounced back nicley. Congrats. All the hard work as really payed off. After seeing your pics the wife now wants a butterfly tank. We have a 120 here to set up. What types would you recommend for it. Was only going to keep 4 -5 butterflies in it with a few cleaner things and the regular inverts and a few softies that if get eaten I wont be to upset over.

wow susan your work hard on your tank and it shows.......YOur little leo lookks VERY healthy..keep it up
    Derik...

FourToedJoe - even if you have flash installed you may need a newer version. My site is built in flash but uses cgi scripts to draw the content for a database so that I can update it easily. Most people don't have trouble with it but now and then I find someone who can't view it.

volitan - the lionfish does seem to be doing quite well but he is really stubborn about food. I'm still feeding him live ghost shrimp. He went a full week without food at one point rather than eat anything else. Now he has me feeding the good food to the ghost shrimp and then feeding them to him!

johnmorris - I can't say enough good things about a butterfly tank. These fish are beautiful, intelligent, and so wonderfully peaceful. Adding a new fish is a joy - never any aggression. They need good water quality, high circulation, lots of live rock and they should be fed regularly. I haven't had any trouble getting mine to eat, could be luck but most have started eating right out of the bag. Here's a run down of what I've noticed about each type so far (keep in mind I haven't had them very long and individuals vary):

Raccoon - probably the hardiest of them all and the only one I would expect might chase a newcomer. Before the cuke nuke I had a large raccoon established when I added the pair of goldens. He chased them for half a day, no damage done.

Copperband - ideal butterfly, this one can be kept in a reef. Very curious and active. Smart and gentle.

Longnose - a little more shy and sensitive than the others, at least mine is. I really love his long punky dorsal spikes though. He shows signs of attitude now and then but doesn't seem to have any aggression in him.

Collare (Pakistani) - I haven't had this fellow long but he's becoming a favorite. He has a noble, majestic air to him. The markings are quite striking in real life. Possibly the smartest fish in the tank.

Chevron - A real sweetie. Very gentle fish, sticks more to herself than the others but is still always visible. Seems more curious about me than the others and will come to the glass to say hi when I'm near.

Golden - My hands down favorite fish. I have a special bond with mine because of all he's been through with me but it's more than that. He's the leader of the other butterflyfish and has a regal bearing about him. A lot tougher fish than you'd think. Best kept in pairs if possible.

Mine don't bother zoos, yellow polyps or anthelia. They have nipped at a brown ricordia I had but don't bother the green ones. They ate some brown smooth mushrooms but don't bother my pretty blue one. No problems with green tree. That's all I've tried so far.

No problems with inverts - I have a variety of snails, a couple strawberry conchs, emerald crabs, shrimp, urchins and the funky blue lobster. The butterflyfish LOVE the cleaner shrimp as well as the cleaner wrasse. They really like to be groomed frequently and will even line up at the cleaning station at times.
    Susan

Ah I see well this computer should be able to do so it is at work that I do the viewing from.
    All I want for Christmas is my other toes...:jump3:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast