Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helllllp!!!

Unhappy Helllllp!!!

Hi everyone!!

well.. just got a 'nearly new' Remora Pro skimmer with the rio 1400 pump... it replaced my seaclone 150 which worked miserably (which I gave away... lol... gladly!)

BUTTTTTTTTTT...

the pump gave out!!!

(grrrr....)

does ne1 out there have a rio 1400 or mag 3 (I think that was what is supposed to be on the skimmer) that they want to trade or give to me... I have a TANKKFUL of beauty mushrooms , and i'll gladly give you a handful/ rockful!!! I'm in Toronto... so hopefully one of you guys can help me... er... before my wife finds out I have to spend more money...

thanks again!

Kerry

Sorry to hear about the pump Kerry. I don't have one but I've just set up my tank and am looking at buying the pro.

Let me know what you think about the skimmer after you have it running. Hopefully thats all the equipment bad luck you have! :wave:

Get a mag..dont get another rio....
    Derik...

Good prices right here on this board for the MAG. Helps support this site and he's close to you

Toss the RIO, they WILL fail you. Mine let me down right after Juan wiped out 6 of my fish. MAG is the only way to fly. The RIOs are cheap... for a good reason! The MAGs run forever.

Humm double post!

except the rio 3100's they are made differently...but the lower ones...flush them
    Derik...

I have the Remora Pro for about 3 years with the Rio pump. Hasn't failed yet. I like the skimmer. Works well. Self adjusting. I can't say if it skims as well as the best in the same price range since I haven't made comparisons. A "Hang on Back" skimmer gives me piece of mind that I didn't have when I started the reef hobby with a DIY skimmer with a sump under the tank. I could never figure out how to prevent problems with water overflowing on the floor or starting the system after a power outage. Are there a few rules of thumb on how to design an aquarium system with a sump?
    20 g reef, 72 g reef

Cool

RIOS not only fail, they can wipe out your tank as ther burn up and release bunch of crap into your tank.funny how there still one of the most popular powerheads??

Originally posted by Johnny Rock
    RIOS not only fail, they can wipe out your tank as ther burn up and release bunch of crap into your tank.funny how there still one of the most popular powerheads??
    Hmmm,

McDonalds [...] can wipe out your body as they burn up and release bunch of crap into your body. funny how there still one of most popular [...]

Deafboy
    20 g reef, 72 g reef

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast