Thread: LTA problems?

Banned

LTA problems?

Hey Guys,

Ive been on reefcentral for 3-4 years and had no frikin clue this site existed. thank god I found you guys. The yanks were just not doin it for me. lol

I have this LTA with is huge and seems to be quite healthy, never gets to shrivel mode, huge trunk/foot, whos been in my tank for about 3-4 months. I feed him a big cocktail shrimp once a week. He's been in the same place happy as a pig in sh**. however today I saw that his foot is detaching from the cozy nook he seemed to love for the last few months. should I be worried? He;s not travelin, hes just detached and chillin. my params are okay, but i dont have auto top off and my sump loses up to 10 gallons sometimes before I have a chance to fill it up. is that flux in specific gravity a big deal? how much flux can you have with salinity before you should worry. I know it de[pends on tank inhabitants, but i mean generally.

thanx in advance.

Cool

yes that is way to much loss for toppoff. salinity has to be stable all the time for things to stay healthy. auto topoff is as easy as a unit that TANGMAN here on AC builds and sells and a powerhead. Just send him a PM. WELCOME here as wellbud.

Banned
    thanks johnny, i will pm him

Hi Wrasse hole!!!welcome here..youl love it compared to RC....its more personnal here and friendly..you actually knida get to know people.....and in case you didnt know Ivan has alot of products and nice livestock....

http://www.aquariacanada.com/Classif...i=float+switch

Heres the link to VInces float swictch...I was very weary of buying a top off unit till i saw that one..dual redundancy switches..I just bought one myself.....

Excuse my ignorance but I have never really kept Corals and such..i am starting this week...but what is a LTA?
    Derik...

Derik, I think it refers to a Long Tentacle Anemone

Ward
    180g with 2 x 54g corner bowfront bookends. 220 FOWLR in the works, 75g sump, 75g fuge, 75g QT.
    Solaris I4 72", 2 x 150 HQI Outer Orbit Pendants, Reeflo Orca 250, Profilux controller, Tunze 6101's and 6055's, Deltec CA Rx, PM Kalk Mixer, PM SR45 reactors.

Oh thanks..that i know what it is...: ive got to start reading more on corals and stuff like that if i want to be successful in keeping them ehehe

thanks ward
    Derik...

Banned
    thanks derik, i havent been back to RC since i found this site.

i looked lik this...:eek4: when I saw how many reefers were in ottawa. I exclusevly buy from Marinescape on Carling from Keith and Mark. But Ivans trinkets are getting me excited. dont think into that one too much! I llok forward to fraggin and chattin witht the crew.

Welcome wrassehole!! Ill start by saying...I like your nick, hehehe I too was suprised to find out how many reefers are in Ottawa on these boards, but Thanks to my buddy StephG who got me in this hobby!! Steph, my wallet also thanks you :eek4: !! hehehe

wrassehole, you might be interested in checking out the MASO forum on these boards, there will be a meeting sometime in the new year and I believe JohnnyRock will be hosting it as well :biggrinbo

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Banned
    thanx, you mean the guy with the 500 gallon tang. im friggin there. thanx alot guys. i feel like an orphan being delivered to his new family.

hehehehe yeah thats JohnnyRock

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)