feeding anemone's problem

Always having problem with my BTA... Since a bought a clearner shrimp, he is always taking my anemones food. I feed my BTA with raw shrimp. Its takes around 30 minutes for the anemone to get feed but each time i put the food in his mouth, my cleaner shrimp gets in the way taking of the food. I dont know if its happen to you guys, but wonder what i should do. My BTA is smaller than before, i dont know if my button polyps are affecting him from expanding... thats also another problem.

thanks guys for the help...!
    Richard
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

You can try and make some sort of cage to go over your BTA so that when you feed it, the shrimp cannot get close to the BTA and steal the food, ive heard of people doing that for certain corals.

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

A strawberry pint container would do the trick. Feed the anemone, put the cover over, and watch the shrimp get very frustrated

aight thanks guys! what about the button polyps? is it agressive to my BTA?
    Richard

600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

I had to get rid of my cleaner shrimp for the same problem. He was alway's tearing at my corals and stealing their food. I even fed him first and it didn't help. I had to sell my cleaner shrimp.

Are your button polyps touching your BTA?

Colby
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

Give your shrimp a piece of food before you feed your BTA then it will be to busy munching to steal from your BTA. This is what I have had to do from time to time.

R

I had a bubble tip and it wouldnt stop wandering around my tank and stinging my corals, it destroyed my xenia colony. I had the same problem with my peppermint shrimp stealing its food, so I would feed the shrimp at the same time on the other tank, this usually kept them busy long enough for the BTA to finish feeding. Anyways I got rid of the bubble tip and got myself a carpet anemone.

I had a similar problem and I had to use a net to block the shrimp or clown fish from stealing the food from the Anemone once you get into a routine the anemone will be expecting the food and close up the second the food is dropped onto him.. At least mine does.. But it took a few times.. Kindof a pain but hopefully one of these thicks will work out for you.

colby, my button polyps are not touching yet but soon...
    i can see i am not the only one having the problem...
    i like both of them and want to keep them but i guess with all the tricks you guys gave me, i will be able to do something with it..
    Richard

Feed your shrimp a hard pellet that will take time to munch on, then feed the anemone. If You feed the anemone first, i have noticed that my shrimps go in lock target mode and dont give up. Cleaners are little buggers to be honest. They do a great job, nice to watch but always stealing others food.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)