Thread: Need help.. :(

Unhappy Need help.. :(

Hi everyone, I know it's been a while since I have been around. Life got very busy for me.

Well, I was on vacation for a week over the holidays and I came back to a really bad situation, my RODI system has frozen solid (along with a couple pipes ). I'm ordering one from Ivan today, but in the mean time, is there any kind sole who might be able to spare about 20 gallons? I have no car, but I am more than willing to go rent the home depot truck if necessary. I live in downtown Montreal near the forum.

I really hate asking but I could use the help if anyone could spare it.

Thanks in advance!
    -Dazz

Bummer. make sure your pipes are not split or you will have a BIG flood when the pipes thaw. Often the pipes split when they freeze and the only reason a split pipe dose not flood is because the ice blocks the flow. Check the pipes very closely for damage.
    Rob

try heating the pipes up with a hair blower to see if there is a leak, i would suggest shutting the water to the pipes to prevent a flood when it melts.
    Albert
    My Photos

The pipes are all taken care of. I found the place it split and leaked (it was gushing), and have it shut off. According to the land lord this has happened in the same spot before. No biggy for my place really, no damage done, but the lady under me had her kitchen completely flodded, and we were both on vacation so it leaked for a day or more before my friend feeding my tank found it and initially shut it off.

Anyway, plz, anyone in the mtl area have any rodi to spare?

Found out it's gonna be at least 1 more day before I can order the new one from Ivan.
    -Dazz

Pipes that freeze usually do so because there is COLD air rushing past that spot because the outside seal has failed (usually chalking). When that chalking fails cold air, and lots of it ,enter the house through this small spot and if a pipe is there it will freeze it pretty fast.
    Rob

The frozen pipe is the least of my worries, it's not my place, apparently it has leaked there before.

I hope IGA has RO or distilled water =/
    -Dazz

I know Loblaws and their independent stores stock distilled water. I posted the last pipe post so you or your land lord will know how to prevent this from happening again.
    Rob

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Dang Dazz...

Sorry to hear.
    I just finished making up about 25 gallons of water for a water change... It's still fresh and doesn't have salt mixed in it yet. I was going to use it tomorrow, but I now have plans to go snowboarding, so you're welcome to it.

The thing is... I have people over tonight and can't leave. If you can get a ride here, I even have 5 gallon jugs that I can lend you in which you can take the water in...
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

No worries. I have some water conditioner I'm gonna use. I just ordered the RODI from Ivan with the xpress postage. Hope it gets here early next week.

I appreciate the offer tho.
    -Dazz