Thread: Moving

Moving

Hi, I plan on moving (land lord is augment the rent of 20$ and the price here was already too much, he even got rid of the big garbage bin, now we use a trailer yuk I hurt my back with every trash bag) So I plan on moving to a 3 bedroom apartment , I have a 2 bdrm now and, I will pay less for the 3 bdrm than what I do now lol.

Anyway I juste want any suggestion for moving the tank. I tough of puting all the fish and live rock in bags, puting the water in bottle.

I plan on puting the live stock in bag at the last posible moment and set it up right away. I only have, an emeral crab, 2 snales, 2 hermit crab, and 2 corals, juste a few pound of live rock.

Do I need to do something special or would that be ok. I plan on puting in clown but now that I want to move I will wait, less live stock to move. Less stress for the fish.
    25g Reef

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Sounds like a good plan (you have a 25gallon). I'd probably double or triple bag the rocks.

Keep all the water possible from your tank to help prevent a cycle.

And it's a very good idea to wait until you're moved and settled in to add the fish.

People with larger tanks would have to use rubbermaid containers for the rock and livestock (as I did).

Also, have some new saltwater (mixed and aged) at the new place just in case.

The rest sounds good though.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

I<ll prepare some saltwater for the comming move

and for the rock, I have some small rubermaid tub I could use that for the rocks. instead of double bagging

I also have a fresh water tank with 1 smal sorwtail so I would need to keep all of the water the tank is a 10 g so I would kep a few g to start and add more gradualy, anyway by that time the tank will be du for a water change so
    25g Reef

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Sounds good! :thumb:
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!