ijo

6500 Iwasaki vs 10,000 Sun

A pic of the 6500 Iwasaki vs the 10,000 Sun. Both are 250 Watts.

IJO

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Are the 10k Sun's much whiter than the 6500k Saki's in person? They look almost the same...
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

ijo
    I had to leave before getting to see this in person... but I did see the 10K vs the 13k.

IJO

I just missed you last night IJO. You left just a few minutes before I got to Johnny's place. Sorry we didn't hook up.

When the 6500K and 10000K were on with no actinics, there was a very noticeable difference between the two, wiith the 10000K lighting , of course, being the whiter. When actinics were turned on, that seemed to bring both fairly close in colour, but with the 10000K still having a slight edge.

ijo
    Its unfortunate.. I really wanted to stick around and see the different light combos(I left Johnny my cam)... pictures are great but nothing like seeing it with your own eyes.

These pictures came from venki's camera... I'll see if there is any difference from mine when I get it back from Johnny tomorrow.

IJO

I did receive that earlier message and tried your suggestion and ...It worked! Envelo

Thought that this finding by a buyer might help. He bought 2 and got back to me to say one was yellow in color. I adviced him to play with the nipple, and here is his response.

"I did receive that earlier message and tried your suggestion and ...It worked! Envelope horizontal with the nipple to the side and both are nicely blue. You might want to mention that in your communications with people. That would probably account for some of the reports of the bulbs being slightly yellow.

Once again I am very impressed with these bulbs. Both the output and the low cost. Thanks

Lance"

Venki Worathur

I must be dumb. I don't undserstand : "Envelope horizontal with the nipple to the side". I thought the suggestion was to make sure the nipple was facing up. What is the envelope mentioned?

Gerry,

Can you try with the nippple horizontal, the envolope is glass enclosure for the "magic mix" that produces the light.

Venki

Well duh!!! Now that it's written in English I can understand it!!!

Thanks Venki.