Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ijo

10,000 Sun vs 13,000 PFO

A pic of the 10,000 Sun vs the 13,000 PFO. Both are 250 Watts.

IJO

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Here on the other ha,d the 10k's look real nice, and the 13ks look kinda dim in comparison...

How do they look in real life?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Also, do the 13k PFO's still give off glitter lines?

ijo
    I was totaly blown away from the 13k... I'll need to take a peek at Gregs setup this Sunday with the radiums but so far I think I'm gonna be going with the 13k with the new tank.

One thing I did notice is the shimmer was not as strong with the 13k... the coral colors were amazing though.

I plan on long-term testing the 10k sun 400 watt(they are supposed to have much less yellow)side by side with a 10k Ushio. Hope we could see the different coral colors and growth.

I find the 250 watt 10K Suns have a bit to much yellow... I know its a bit early to jump to conclusions but they do remind me of the Iwasaki 6500 with a hint more white. If you like Iwasaki, I would recommend the Suns(for the price)... more white... very bright.

One question I do have is why does a 10K bulb look more like a 65K?

IJO

All a matter of preference here. I found the 13000K lighting to look too much like actinic lighting. But, if that's what you like, go for it. And yes Tang_Man_Montreal, they did seem dimmer than the 10000Ks. These photos show a truer rendition of the comparison of the two lights than the photos of the 6500K and 10000K show.

Thanks for the clarification Perc...

So far, the best 250w bulbs I've seen upclose are the 10k AB's.

Not having seen Venkiw's bulbs upclose, I can't really judge them. If Venkiw has a bulb that can match the AB's in color AND intensity, I'll be the first in line to get one!

Maybe his new 13k next month??

I am working with a manufacturer on the new 13K. Currently the bulbs have a tripple peak in the blue spectrum range, a yellow spike and a green spike, the other colors are somewhat not peaking. The maximum and tall peaks are all in the blue range, the CCT is around 12800. There is a 10 -15% drop in brightness with this design (only 50 lumens/watt) from the other 10K. I'll still market this as a 10K when it is done.

Venki Worathur

Venkiw,

You got my attention!!!

Smile

you have to truly see the lamps for your own eyes and taste asa most cameras don't take true pics unless they are quality.
    I like IWASAKI.s and the SUNS[VENKIS] were very close but a bit brighter and a tad whiter[they should even get better after burn in].They are not to close to a 10k though. The 13k might be a light to really look out for. Also seen the 400w 10k at FISHYSANS and it was very nice!
    I really like my PFO13K and of cource with higher K lamps you will lose some of that bright light and shimmer lines but gain color.[nature of the beast].

For those of you interested in comparison of bulbs with different ballast, please visit.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=1

Unfortunately what we like is not what is best for the lives we keep.

The PFO13K seems to have much lower PAR value under most circumstances.

My bulb was sent and is undergoing the recommended 100 hour burn-in by the author of the post referenced, and should be added to this thread some time next week.

Thanks

Venki Worathur

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast