Thread: Montreal club?

Montreal club?

I'm just full of questions today aren't I? lol

Was doing a search to see if there were any Montreal reef club or at least gatherings and found an old post : http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...b&pagenumber=1

Now that happened just before I joined here I'm curious... is there a club in Montreal for reefs? If not a formal club than at least frag meets? get togethers? anything?... lol
    With the amount of people in Montreal with tanks surelly others feel the same way ?
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

There is no "official" club and while this has been discussed many times, it's probably because no one has the time to stay on top of it. What has been done in the past is informal get togethers are organized every now & then as you see in that other thread. I have also had people over in the past.

I'm not new in aquariums. But i am new to reefs and I would love to see a reef club hear in Montreal. I will most diefinitly have a meeting at my place once i get my tank going.

Could we not get a list going with people interested in joining a MRC (Montreal Reef Club). I'm sure that we would be enough people to get a once month meeting going. It could even be say the first Sunday of every month,to make it easier.

Come On lets Get something going!! Anyone interested Reply with a Month that they would be willing to host.

I can host not a problem! but not all the meetings...lol

What I was thinking was : not an official club with fancy newsletters and fees, more on the lines of "informal" to start, a place to meet if not every month, every 2 months, style BYOB (I saw in the last post you cant take guys anywhere without serving beer...geeeeez lol) that way the person that is "hosting" doesnt have any $$ to fork out just a place to meet!
    Whatdayathink? :P
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

Well, as I mentioned, it has been discussed many, many times. And I mean just the informal gathering thing, not a fancy club with letterhead and suchuke2: uke3: The problem that always arises is trying to find a date that everyone is free. Up till now, what has happened is if someone wants to have one, we announce it and then try to figure out a date that is good for "most" of the people. usually, a bunch of the regulars from Ottawa come down too, just as we often go there for their get togethers.