Pairing Angelfish

I was wondering if there was a specific way to pair angelfish. I am on a limited budget and would like a pair of Cherubs. I understand i can just buy a pair but that is too easy. I hear they are all born females then the dominant one becomes a male then lesser becomes female. So can i place 2 in a tank and get a pair?.I want to pair Cherubs by the way. I know Potters and Bicolours pair like the way above JW is they all do it like that.

Ryan

You might be interested in this thread on RC. It discusses keeping fish in paris and groups. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hreadid=243359
    Nick

Thanks nick. I was also thinking of keeping a Cherub with a Bicolour. Both are nice but i figured that even if i put them in when they were the same size the Bicolour would get big and beat the poor cherub up.

Ryan

Mixing different types isn't a good idea. But pairs of the same type seem to work in many cases, especially in larger tanks.
    Nick

I dont plan on keeping them in big tank ten gallons. LOL not it is going to be 30-33 gallon reef well LPS Softies mushrooms, polyps zoos tank. Maybe a RBTA or a Green BTA eventualy. Kinda wanted s center peice fish and seen you can keep these in pairs. So i figured what the heck may as well give it a try. Did a little reading i guess they stay at the bottom of the coral reef and have a small territory perfect for my 33.

Ryan

i wouldnt add 2 of any angel to a 33 gal your looking for trouble even if they were a pair i dont think theres enough room for them and anythign else
    Craig

Tank: 77gal reef, deltec AP600 skimmer, 440W VHO lighting.
    Livestock:Coral beauty, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tang, magenta dottyback, 3 stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp

ATC
    FYI I had a mated pair of cherubs in a 90 gal and they paired up very easily however, once they paired up the male became very beligerent and nasty and proceeded to beat up all the other more peaceful fish. Sorta what you would expect from a much larger, meaner fish. It became so bad that both angels were removed.

I agree with Weeble and wouldn't add two of any angel to a tank less than 70 gallons and if you have other peaceful fish, a coral beauty is much more mellow than a cherub.
    Aven

Coral BEauty is too big for a 33 not enough swimming room. The biggest i am willing to go is 55 gallon think this is big enough for a bicolour pair or a coral beauty pair. Maybe i will use a a 20 long for a cherub later.

Ryan