Seio Superflow powerheads

Are any of you using Seio Superflow powerheads? I am attracted by its high flow and small size since I have a 65 gallon tank. They are made by RIO, and that is what scares me.

I am thinking of giving them a try, but have not heard much about them on this board.

Looks like a rip of the Tunze Turbelle ones. The Turbelle ones are decent, but, I've never seen these before. Let us know how they work out for you.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

i heard that the only problem with the seio is that the flow is very directionnal.

I read they get clogged very easily and are hard to clean witout breaking the shaft. I am wondering if this is a widespread problem, or just a few person's experience.

But they are very small, quiet and push 600 or 800 gallons an hour with low velocity.

I have a couple of RIO SEIO Superflows that have been running for a few months now. Great water flow, direction easily adjusted and no clogging.

The manufacturer recommends cleaning them every six weeks or so, but I haven't noticed any build-up whenever I carry out maintenance.

Marc,
    You think you need "more" flow in your tank?!!!

Toutouche,

Currently, I have a Mag9 as a main return, three Maxijet 1200, and an Aqua-clear 500 power filter for circulation ( also used as a refugium ). I feel I have about the right amount of current as my SPS seem to be really enjoying the flow.

But the three Maxijets offer too much velocity, and I am looking forward to keeping the flow rate but with less
    velocity. Replacing them with two SEIO’s ( 600gph and 820gph ) is an option I am presently considering. The units are extremely small and represent an avantage for small tanks like mine.

I have also completed phase one in upgrading my lights, thanks to an excellent deal I got from someone. I added 247 watts of PC to my existing 175 watts halide. I am surprised by the difference it makes. Phase two will replace my existing 175W halide with a 250W.

The Seio powerheads are quite different from the Tunze ones. They don't use an impeller like the Tunze powerheads do, and the flow they generate is a hollow cylinder of water movement, as opposed to a solid "cone". You get lots of water movement near the outer edges of the flow, but less in the middle.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

Thanks for the info MalHavoc.

I hear the Tunze are better, but they are too large and powerful for my tank.