Flame Angel's Pics of Halifax

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

I know Susan from RC. If ever you guys want to now about culturing live food for your tank, she has an excellant section that will guide you through it. She has an added benefit of working from home so she can take care of the tank all day long if need be. She is a web designer.

Reviewed the pics "fishprick" posted in the above link today with the guys at work. (during lunch of course)

Comments and wows abounded, people asked why these pics weren't published and most were really surprised by the savagery of the storm and resultant tree damage.

Our best wishes go out to those affected by the storm and hope all returns to normal soon.

Van
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Hurricane Juan

I'm fairly new to the hobby. Like all of you - I've invested a lot of money and time in my tank over the past 3-4 months. Last Sunday night, Halifax took a direct hit from Hurricane Juan. The power went out at my house (fallen tree on my power line) last Sunday at 11:30pm. It has been eight days and I still don't have power. At first I felt completely 'helpless' to do anything but wait patiently and hope the power would come back on prior to my fish dying. During the first 40 hours the temp in the tank dropped 10 degrees - the fish stopped feeding and were hovering in one spot near the bottom of the tank. Occasionally I would disrupt the water for as long as I could (until my arms got tired) hoping it would create some much needed oxygen for them. Then last Tuesday night- my neighbour's house had power restored. I set up approx. 200-250 feet of extension cords and plugged in my heater, skimmer and power heads. My wife and neighbours think I have my priorities all wrong (some feel a microwave or fridge is more important) but eight days later my fish are doing fine The power company is telling me I should have power by this tommorow - 9 days after the ordeal began - I think I'm going to make it without any casualities! To celebrate I went to a fantastic MatchBox Twenty Concert Friday night.:biggrinbo