Moving a carpet anemone?

I have a nice green carpet, when placed in the tank he decided to settle behind some of the rock work, can't really get to him. i can see him but he's out of reach. Does anyone know how i can move him?? here's a pic it not to clear tryed to zoom to much its at the back of the tank.
    Jason

Bummer ... he's going to be hard to get out of there. Try directing a gentle current at him and see if he moves by himself. Don't BLAST him .. just enough to make him less comfy there so he moves.
    Rob

OSD suggested the current, I was gonna suggest restricting the lighting right over him, both of them are worth a try I think, anemones are notorious for moving until they find a spot they are confortable and they tend to try to get the most light. HTH and good luck.
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

Cool

give it time to settle in. he'll find his own spot in the sun.

johnnys right, my green carpet is about 15" across and hid in a cave when he first moved in, but then after a week poked his head out and waddled his way over to the front. dont force him, you'll hurt him and he'll probably hurt you in return. they love current so id direct the currernt from behind. he wont like it from there. hes not getting enough light where he is, hell move. hm2centsh

In the end if he is to be happy and thrive he will settle where he is happiest and that's where he should be left. Force him into a place where he is not happy and he will not do well.
    Rob

i second that emotion

I agree. You can't move it because it will just once again go where it wants to on it's own. Also, these guys don't need as much light apparantly, so they do sometimes stay hidden within the rockwork.

I agree as well, don't physically move it. It'll go where it is happiest. i have a blue carpet that stays in the shade all the time- it hasn't moved in almost two years. Yours looks like it won't get enough light there and will eventually move. Give it some time.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

mine did the same for seceral weeks, and is now moving back to the front. Bothersome part is that it's looking much smaller than before and won't take shrimp or mysis. Also looks like its mouth is gaping and its got something hanging out of it. Any ideas?