Im paranoid. but thats what proly keeps my fish alive.

ive recently added a sea swirl to my 90 gallon. I used plumbers glue. left it overnight and attached it to my pump in the morn. ive added a few powerheads as well. all my corals are closed. except my anomones. im worried that the glue was toxic although if any touched the water is was minimal and cured(i hope) do corals need time to adjust to the current or are they unhappy and need to reconfigure my flow pattern??? this was the first day of coral closings so as i said i might be paranoid. thats were you dudes come in. and dudettes.

Thanx
    Rod

You talking about ABS or PVC glue? If so you should wait 24 hours and then rinse the pipe out pretty good before putting it into use. Your corals however are likely just needing to adjust to the new current in the tank. I don't think the chemicals that can come off the glue are water soluble. They would however create a heavier then normal slick on the waters surface which would stop the gas exchange. O2 levels would drop if no overflow setup is in use. If an overflow setup is in use the slick would go into the sump where you could skim it off.
    Rob

thanx rob, overflow in use, works very well so no slime coat on surface ever. i think yur right, keep you posted over the days. i know i should wait 24 hours but i was so frikkin excited to get the swirl running that i just couldnt wait. my impatients will be the death or me. or my corals. hope not, i consider myself very responsible in reefkeeping. maybe i shouldnt. lol

oh, pvc glue btw