What are these....

OK It is impossible to get a picture as the camera wont focus on it cause there is too much in the way.But They are white balls on the back of the glass a little smaller than a marble.It sorta looks like a cacoon ball or spider sac....has anyone encountered anything similar?All I have in the tank is 2 clowns,hermits,And I found about 8 of them today.I never noticed them yesturday.
    Bubbles....bubbles...my bubbles....

I've got them in my tank also. I'd also like to know what these things are. One of mine is in my refugium. It appears to be stuck on the side of the fuge. Are yours free floating or stuck to something?

I read somewhere that they could be snail eggs?

Mine are all stuck to the back of the glass and Dark...That would be one mother of a snail to lay eggs that big. and besides my hermits ate all mine already.

liv
    i believe they are snail eggs. like small butterfly cacoons right ?

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

If they are like white cotton puff balls with little crowns they are a kind of sponge.
    Susan

liv,

I can almost gaurentee it aint snail eggs.As I have no snails.I need to get more, cause my hermits ate all my snails.But yes they are like little butterfly caccoons yes.

Thanks Susan.I just emailed you the same questions.Gail figured the same thing.They sure came up fast as on the weekend I used a suction hose to clean the back glass and poof white balls all over today.Cool I have sponges...I guess I have to do some more reading on them now. I take it it is a good thing?Hey, no laughing people.I am still new and between the people on this site and the people from ARRG that I keep talking to I learn everyday something new about my tank.And I appreciate everyones input with all the questions.Thanks again.

Sight unseen I am with Susan on this. They are most likely sponges.
    Rob

These types od sponges are very normal in a newer tank. They will eventually phase out and not return as the tank matures and other more permanent types of sponge start to grow.
    As a sidenote, these always grow in areas with little or no current, so you might want to take note that those areas in your tank are not getting much circualtion. They are harmless and should actually be left there because they are afterall part of the whole biofilter system in your tank. Don't worry, they don't grow big.

Oh!! By the way..., when your title said "What are these...." I thought you were asking about the ..... I was about to respond dots, but then I read the actual post!!