Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Urchin Attacks Hammer!!

I have caught my urchin [tuxedo] once before on my candy cane coral and removed him. didn't see any damage.[didn't wait] yesterday he was on a branching hammer so I decided to wait and see what the hell he was doing. WOW! the little bastard chewed right thru the skeleton [branch]. I proceeded to pull him off . he had the whole end of the branch in his mouth and was eating it like a submarine sandwhich! unbelievable. he's in the sump and for sale.

I have a tux along with a candy cane and a torch. So far the urchin has remained on one side of the tank while these corals are on the other. I will have to keep an eye on mine.

Thanks for the warning.
    Ward
    180g with 2 x 54g corner bowfront bookends. 220 FOWLR in the works, 75g sump, 75g fuge, 75g QT.
    Solaris I4 72", 2 x 150 HQI Outer Orbit Pendants, Reeflo Orca 250, Profilux controller, Tunze 6101's and 6055's, Deltec CA Rx, PM Kalk Mixer, PM SR45 reactors.

Wow.. And i thought urching are Reef safe?
    Newbie in training

Sorry to hear! I thought they were reef safe as well! I guess it depends on the paticular speciman. I had a Crimson Star once which was "reef safe". He ate about $100 worth of Shrooms while I was at work one day! He wasen't long going back to the pet store. The funny thing is, the guy who has him now has loads of Mushrooms and the star doesn't bother them at all! I guess I got the good Shrooms!!!:redhat: LOL!!!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

I'm not sure if its a true TUX but its very similar. really nice looking but has a taste for the branches I guess.

This is the one you got from me? It might explain why my hammer also lost a few heads. Although I never saw it on there he could have done it. Sorry but no refund... all sales final

Cool

chances are thats were those heads went. someone will want him for a tank with softies or fish only. he's awsome in color but just likes the skeleton.

If you cant sell him, crack him open and eat his gonnads, theyre REALY tasty.
    Realy good spread on a cracker for a first try!
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

That's just wrong!!!uke2:
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Yeah, but Reefsurfer is speaking from experience.

John,
    This is news to me!! I too was under the impression that Tuxedo's are reef safe and for this matter, i would really try to properly ID it. Then again, someone at one of the local LFS's here once told me in the beginning that unfortunatley, most of the animals we keep don't read the same books we do and they often don't know what they're supposed to do or not do!! I have always remembered this because it is soooo true!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast