Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Clown And Anenome Behavour

well, I added a larger skunk to mate with my smaller skunk.
    the fish took to my LTA right away. she's been tugging and eating the occasional tentacle end and while the LTA isn't to happy about this I have to wonder if this somehow changes the chemistry or adds something to the clown that the LTA will eventually recognize. very very interesting. I had my percs do this in my 90g but not as aggressive. very neat. anyone have more info.

Hmm? Interesting, I'm very new at this whole clown/anemone thing, but I do know that often a clown can be VERY aggressive and actually damage an anemone. In the wild, an anemone is often much larger than the ones in our tanks and they get a higher tolerance for abusiveness. Big ones even quite often host many pairs at the same time!! I know that when I added my clowns, in the beginning they would rub a lot on the tenticles and get all kinds of burn marks on them. Apparantly, they desensitive themselves to the sting by rubbing and if they don't contact the tenticles regularly, they lose this. Also, I saw Nemo do this because his father Marlin told him to in the movie so that he doesn't get stung!!:

Talking

lol

also his dad said to do this so the anemone stays and looks young and health..

I've watched my clowns eat tentacles off on their anemonie on many occaisions- I think it is pretty normal. Your hypothesis on why sounds good to me, Johnny. I've never seen a clown do any real damage, unless as Greg mentioned, the clown is too large for the anemonie.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

brush your anemone everyday Nemo. whatever happened to those fish in baggies in the Sydney Harbour at the end of the movie anyway, i estimated they'd last three hours.lol

If you watch the end credits you can see they're all playing around out of the bags.

How is left up to your imagination

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Maybe the puffer punctured his bag and then helped the others? Or the pelican decided to lend a beak? I enjoyed how little air there was in those bags, and how much the bags were floating. I know it's Disney, but there is a little thing called physics

forgot to mention, record time for me! the clown fish took to the anenome 10 minutes after adding to the tank. It took 5 minutes to go into the large toadstool and then after 5 more minutes he switched over. p.s a 500g tank is to small

Originally posted by Johnny Rock
    p.s a 500g tank is to small
    Pity us poor folk with a piddly little 90g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast