Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rose Bubble tip Anemone reproducing?

I've had a rose bubbletip anemone in my tank for about 2 months now. I woke up this morning, and found it looking as though it was tearing apart into 2, It's splitting into 3 pieces, all about 1 in peices. It was only about 3 inches in diameter to begin with. Upon closer inspection, I found that 1 piece had already come away, so in realitych. The tentacles seem bubbled, and other than now looking at 2.5 anemone's, the tips are still extended, and bubbled, so I'm not quite sure what's happening. Water conditions are: Ca 420, Temp: 78, SG .023, PH 8.2. Lighting is more than adequate at 4 110w VHO Actinics, and 2 250W MH. Everything in the tank seems to be flourishing. Could this be the end of my beautiful Anemone? or the beginning of something special?

Cool

sounds like splitting to me. any pics

No pics... didn't have time.. was on my way to work...
    I really don't know what to make of it... I'm stuck at work... WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN JUST BEFORE WORK! Murphy's law I swear. I feel like leaving early to make sure all is ok.
    anyone else ever see this happen? it's not like it's a big anemone... it's quite small. I just wish I knew for sure what was happening.

If it looks like this, congratulations, it is splitting:

YEAH! that's what it looks like... exactly....
    NICE!
    can't wait to get home to see how it's doing!
    It had split once overnight as I slept, and as I was going to work this morning, it was going again.
    so I'll have 3 anemone's now?
    is there an acclamation period before I can sell them off? should I keep them or what?

Mine has splitted for about 4~5 weeks now (can't remember exactly) and both of them are doing good. I think wait for a month is good enough but I am not sure.

I had asked for $65 with rock for one here but no luck. So I talked to my LFS and they said they would take one $45 without rock.

I may take it to them in the next few weeks when I have the chance.

Apoon,
    What's that big olive green thing under the rock?!!!!

Toutouche, that picture doesn't belong to me. I posted it here just to show TaCtIkZ.

So, an update on the RBTA...
    indeed it has split off twice, and they are all staying within a few inches of each other. I got home last night, and they seemed a bit thin, but waking up this morning I think that they have bubbled out again and are looking pretty sweet. They haven't moved at all since I got home last night. I took some pics but there's no way I can post them from work. I'll try and do it when I get home. thanks apoon for the pic, you definately eased my worries.

ya, was it that thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast