Got my fingers crossed

For those of you who remember my battle with monti cap munching nudi's. Well it has been 5.5 months since I have had a cap in my reef.
    Two weeks ago I bought a large cap from a fellow reefer leaving the hobbie. I have been very nervous since I put it in, checking it almost daily and still no sign of nudi's. ( knock on wood , I hope I didn't jinks myself)
    I will give it a bit more time before I run out and buy any more just to be safe. I really want to get my purple cap again and I hope to find a green with purple rim frag.
    I am soooo happy but also scared to death I will find another nudi in my tank. How can something so small scare you so much.
    ALL POSTS & REPLIES ARE IMO

Hardware:
    180 gal. Reeftank 2hole drilled
    70gal long sump with fuge,
    EuroReef ES8-3 skimmer,
    Reeftek reactor, sms122 ph/CO2 controller,
    Mag 18 return closed loop return.
    Mag 24 return
    Icecap dual175 20k MH, 250 20k MH center, 2 actinic, 2 -actinic white VHOs
    Livestock:
    1 Pajama cardinal, Lawnmower blenny, Sohal tang , Regal tang, 10 Clams, Scooter blennie, Yellow wrasse, DESJARDIN TANG (SAIL FIN),2 percs

Re: Got my fingers crossed

Originally posted by lotus02
    How can something so small scare you so much.
    Ask any elephant that the next time it sees a mouse!!!

Can't you examine the Monti very, very close since you know what to look for and such?!!!
    I agree with you about having Monti's. When you get a bunch of them making nice whorls in a group, nothing beats that!!

My next setup will have a low section/island with all types of Monti's grouped together lower down to be viewable from the top of them.

Elephant and mouse LOL never thought of that.
    As for examining the monti did that be for I bought it, it was clear. All it takes is one to still be around in my tank since they lie dormant for so long. I do have a yellow corris wrasse now the are suppose to eat nudi's ( I think like every thing it's hit or miss).

Hardware:
    EuroReef ES8-3 skimmer,
    Mag 24 return
    Livestock:
    1 Pajama cardinal, Lawnmower blenny, Sohal tang , Regal tang, 10 Clams, Scooter blennie, Yellow wrasse, DESJARDIN TANG (SAIL FIN),2 percs

I have always liked having one of those Yellow wrasses too but geez.., I'm starting to think these guys are the "wonder drug" for a reef tank the way everyone says they are supposed to eat everything!!:

ive had three yellow wrasses and they all loved eating my hardwood floors. darn jumpers.

Originally posted by princpl skimmer
    ive had three yellow wrasses and they all loved eating my hardwood floors. darn jumpers.
    Ha HA :biggrinbo I'm still laughing.
    I know those yellow wrasses seem to be the fix for every thing from nudi's to pyramid snails. But like I said it's hit or miss with any thing that is suppose to rid your reef of what ever it is you want gone. Call the yellow wrasse he'll do the job:guns:

Hardware:
    EuroReef ES8-3 skimmer,
    Mag 24 return
    Livestock: